College Football Catch-All Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 300
  • Views: 4K
  • Sports 
Tennessee absolutely dog walking State. What a laugher.
I don't know why anyone expected anything different. State nearly always folds in truly big games. Doeren has done a good job of building them into a competitive program most years, but he also definitely has a ceiling, imo. At best State with Doeren will be a fringe Top 25 type program that will probably have a winning record most years and make a second-tier bowl game, and that's about it. And I'm well aware that UNC under Mack 2.0 has its own reputation of imploding over the second half of most seasons and that State has beaten us three years in a row, but that doesn't change that State under Doeren will never be in the same league as a Tennessee or OSU or even an Ole Miss or Miami.

Nope.
  • The FIVE highest ranked (rankings by the CFP Committee) conference champions make the play-offs.
  • The next highest ranked 7 teams make the play-offs. Those 7 teams and the lowest ranked of the FIVE conference champions comprise Seeds #5-#12. They’re seeded by ranking (CFP Committee rankings). It’s possible the 5th highest ranked conference champion is the #12 seed AND isn’t in the Top 12 (or 20).
  • The 4 highest ranked conference champions are seeded #1-#4. Each of those 4 seeds have a first round bye. The FOUR (or FIVE) highest ranked conference champions might not be in the Top 4 or Top 5 or Top 12 ranked teams. They’re the 4 or 5 highest ranked CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS.
It’s entirely possible for the ACC Champion to be the 6th (or lower) ranked conference champion and be out of the Top 12 and miss the play-offs.

Only an undefeated ACC Conference champion has a shot at making the play-offs.
I mean, theoretically there's a scenario where the ACC gets left out but that's so unlikely. It would require 2 G5 conference champs to be ranked ahead of a P4 champ, which I doubt will ever ocurr.

After watching Nebraska vs Colorado, I now think that Prime is only using Colorado as a vehicle to launch his son's and Travis's NFL careers. I really think he might prefer them to go 4-8 and those boys go top 10 picks, than his team go 12-0 and they go in the 3rd round. Colorado is not very sound.

That’s good but I was listening to this call on the radio and to me remains undefeated for football upset calls:

I watched this live on the big ten network, first game ever televised on the network. That day will forever reside in my memory banks.

Which is precisely why, with the new expanded playoff system, leaving the ACC is a dumb move. If Clemson and FSU move to the SEC or Big 10 they'll almost certainly become also-rans in those conferences, with little chance of making the playoffs even with the expanded system. But if they stay in the ACC and win the conference they'll almost certainly now get an invite, and maybe even the second-place team if they have no losses or just one loss to a good team.
As I understand it, if Clemson and FSU stay in the ACC, they get a fraction of the TV money that the Big10 and SEC teams get, and the gap will widen over time. They lose the arms race. So yeah, they will get to the playoffs and then get hammered. After a few years of total Big10 and SEC dominance, the playoffs restructure and everyone else is left out. I just don't see a scenario where the ACC remains competitive in the long term. I wish I did, but I don't.

You can't make this up. It's almost unbelievable.

Harris is also the latest arrest of a Georgia football player or staffer in the last few years, as more than two dozen different incidents have occurred.

When this kind of Urban Myer level criminal activity starts to peak-even in Football Super towns-the coach usually has not a long time on his contract.I mean he won't get fired-but the NCAA will come a knocking and he will leave before he gets all caughtup that Shat

When this kind of Urban Myer level criminal activity starts to peak-even in Football Super towns-the coach usually has not a long time on his contract.I mean he won't get fired-but the NCAA will come a knocking and he will leave before he gets all caughtup that Shat
At this rate you wouldn't be surprised if Kirby ends up in the NFL next season and after failing there, resurfaces in college in 3-4 years at Michigan or something.

Back