College Football Catch-All Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 300
  • Views: 4K
  • Sports 
i've enjoyed watching these two schools through the years. Currently have a split screen going with Ap St/ ecu and Ole Miss/Wake
I have to say I liked it better when App was in the old playoff division. The old Southern Conference was a great regional conference, and they aren't ever going to make the current playoffs now in the conference they are in. They won 3 national championships in a row in the lower division and had a dynasty going before making the jump. Now they just get to go to a lower tier bowl game at best.

I have to say I liked it better when App was in the old playoff division. The old Southern Conference was a great regional conference, and they aren't ever going to make the current playoffs now in the conference they are in. They won 3 national championships in a row in the lower division and had a dynasty going before making the jump. Now they just get to go to a lower tier bowl game at best.
I am an old Marshall and App fan . They each had really exciting histories winning Nattys at their old level I guess they needed a little more $$ A shame

I am an old Marshall and App fan . They each had really exciting histories winning Nattys at their old level I guess they needed a little more $$ A shame
I was at App in 94 when they beat Marshall in Boone. Marshall was ranked number 1 and it was the first night game at App in years. The goal post came down and was carried through downtown Boone, and then it was thrown in the duck pond on campus. App could have won the conference that year, but then they lost the last home game to VMI, who hadn't won a game all season.

Cool experience . Marshall had some years with Randy Moss and a future NFL QB that were hard to beat

UGA vs UK was a snoozefest. Honestly the result doesn't really matter because Georgia would have to lose at least 3, probably 4 games to miss the playoff.

UGA vs UK was a snoozefest. Honestly the result doesn't really matter because Georgia would have to lose at least 3, probably 4 games to miss the playoff.
It was a snoozefest . . ? Really . . ?
I agree GA has one if the best teams this year. But, to call that game a snoozefest is about the worst description you could label it. I can assure you that every Bulldog fan in the nation was watching and they were far from falling asleep.
As a college FB fan I'm pretty sure that I wasn't anywhere near snoozing . .
SMH

It was a snoozefest . . ? Really . . ?
I agree GA has one if the best teams this year. But, to call that game a snoozefest is about the worst description you could label it. I can assure you that every Bulldog fan in the nation was watching and they were far from falling asleep.
As a college FB fan I'm pretty sure that I wasn't anywhere near snoozing . .
SMH
You thought that was an exciting game as a neutral?

Back