College Football Catch-All Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 303
  • Views: 4K
  • Sports 

Saban’s side eye is hilarious

McAfee is a trip, I'm not a big fan of him but there are so many that are . . . he had a funny line in response to a Saban comment on GameDay today. I'll see if I can find a copy of it.

McAfee is a trip, I'm not a big fan of him but there are so many that are . . . he had a funny line in response to a Saban comment on GameDay today. I'll see if I can find a copy of it.
Has to be when Saban said he really loved an OC from some team in the pick 'em finish. Then Saban said, but I could never get him to come.

And McAfee replied. "that's because you paid all the money to your players." Or maybe it was too much money to your players.

Has to be when Saban said he really loved an OC from some team in the pick 'em finish. Then Saban said, but I could never get him to come.

And McAfee replied. "that's because you paid all the money to your players." Or maybe it was too much money to your players.
That was it . . . Thank you Krafty . . !

So both Clemson and Florida State desperately want to leave the ACC and join the SEC, where they (and their fans) are convinced they would thrive. No they wouldn't. Instead most years they'd be also rans in that league, like Texas A&M or Ole Miss. Yes, they'd make more money, but competing against the likes of Alabama, LSU, and UGA I'm not sure it would help all that much.

As a Miami Hurricanes fan (i migrated to the old ZZL from Miami boards), I have to say UM looked damn good in their win and carried the ACC torch this weekend.

As a Miami Hurricanes fan (i migrated to the old ZZL from Miami boards), I have to say UM looked damn good in their win and carried the ACC torch this weekend.
I would have never guessed you're a Miami fan.

After lurking at their board off and on, you come across as far, far too literate to be a Hurricanes fan.

I would have never guessed you're a Miami fan.

After lurking at their board off and on, you come across as far, far too literate to be a Hurricanes fan.
To be fair, I actually attended UF for undergrad and FSU for grad school. However, my dad was a UM alum when they were horrible in the 60s and 70s, and my first exposure to college football were a few UM games in the 83 season when they won their first championship. For some reason, I took UM as my team then…and never looked back, despite UF and FSU having championship teams during the time I attended each.

That said, it’s exceedingly difficult to defend UM fans on the whole😆

Last edited:
To be fair, I actually attended UF for undergrad and FSU for grad school. However, my dad was a UM alum when they were horrible in the 60s and 70s, and my first exposure to college football were a few UM games in the 83 season when they won their first championship. For some reason, I took UM as my team then…and never looked back, despite UF and FSU having championship teams during the time I attended each.
The weird thing to me is that UM is a good school...but somehow all of their message board posters can barely string together a coherent sentence or two.

Also, you sound like good luck as a fan/student. What would we have to do to get you to do a PhD at Carolina?

The weird thing to me is that UM is a good school...but somehow all of their message board posters can barely string together a coherent sentence or two.

Also, you sound like good luck as a fan/student. What would we have to do to get you to do a PhD at Carolina?
All of the horrible things folks say about most UM fans are true. I can only analogize to Dukies but with far less class. It’s a big city of bandwagon fans who only shows up for winners (see Marlins attendance figures).

Back