DEI and Misogynistic & Foreign/Other Political Attacks on Harris

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 322
  • Views: 5K
  • Politics 
So as I suspected… this is all the right wing has to throw at Kamala Harris. They really don’t have anything substantive. Just misogyny and racism. Xenophobia and ethnocentric tropes.

They got nothing but red meat for their base - and they don’t need to gin up their base anymore. It’s impossible. All they are doing is alienating what little ground they had gained with the black vote and the women vote.

Plastic straws and straw men

"Lazy". So were not even trying to dog whistle any more?
Wait? I thought I heard recently that she wasn’t very intelligent and only was able to graduate law school and have an exceptional career was because she worked hard?
These people need to pick a trope and stick with it.

She was only picked as VP because of her race and gender. Anyone who says otherwise is being dishonest with themselves. She’d be the most intellectually inept president ever. The democrats could do much better but they don’t want to risk alienating the black voters.

I hope these racist mfers can’t help themselves and keep on keeping on. Let those black communities in Atlanta, Philly, Detroit, Milwaukee know how you really feel.
You know it is possible to be against Harris (and Obama) without being racist! It's the policies not their race!

She was only picked as VP because of her race and gender. Anyone who says otherwise is being dishonest with themselves. She’d be the most intellectually inept president ever. The democrats could do much better but they don’t want to risk alienating the black voters.
Why she got the VP nod could be a matter of discussion, but your bit about “most intellectually inept” W. sez “hi”. But Trump is also in that running. Or do you think he is some sort of mental giant?

You know it is possible to be against Harris (and Obama) without being racist! It's the policies not their race!
Perhaps, but Trumps policies are also of serious concern to a lot of folks. And what’s this bit he just said last night? This business about “get out a vote this time, because you won’t have to vote in 4 years”. It’s not lost on me the dictator wannabe is spelling it out for all to see. He plans on doing away with our democracy, country and freedoms to vote. Yuck.

Perhaps, but Trumps policies are also of serious concern to a lot of folks. And what’s this bit he just said last night? This business about “get out a vote this time, because you won’t have to vote in 4 years”. It’s not lost on me the dictator wannabe is spelling it out for all to see. He plans on doing away with our democracy, country and freedoms to vote. Yuck.
You know that is completely out of context of what he said. He said you wouldn't HAVE TO not wouldn't BE ABLE TO. Meaning that he would have it fixed where it wouldn't be as important to vote in 4 years.

In your hero's words, COME ON MAN!

You know that is completely out of context of what he said. He said you wouldn't HAVE TO not wouldn't BE ABLE TO. Meaning that he would have it fixed where it wouldn't be as important to vote in 4 years.

What awful, pathetic spin. Literal quote for those who haven’t seen it:

“And again, Christians, get out and vote!” he said to a cheering audience. “Just this time. You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years. You know what? It’ll be fixed! It’ll be fine! You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians. I love you, Christians! I’m a Christian. I love you. Get out. You gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again.”

“Get out and vote. Just this time. You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what: it’ll be fixed, it’ll be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians…. Get out, you’ve got to get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again, we’ll have it fixed so good you’re not going to have to vote.”

This chilling statement comes after Trump praised autocratic Hungarian prime minister Viktor Orbán in his speech at the Republican National Convention last week and then publicly praised China’s president Xi Jinping for being “brilliant” because he “controls 1.4 billion people with an iron fist.”

Sorry whsgrad… I’m not taking anything out of context. I know what he said. And taken “in context” of everything else’s he’s said, it’s quite plain to see what is meant.

For reference, the clip:

As an aside, listening to it several times, I do think he slurs over the sentence but says “I’m a Christian” rather than “I’m not a Christian” which is what I thought I heard the first several times.

I view Trump’s point here as more typically transactional narcissism from him — he doesn’t care whether they vote in four years because he won’t be running, but he desperately wants them to vote for him. So he’s turning projection into a promise — I don’t care if you vote again in four years because it won’t benefit me anyway, so I’ll make you so happy with my four years that you won’t care if you ever vote again.

Wait? I thought I heard recently that she wasn’t very intelligent and only was able to graduate law school and have an exceptional career was because she worked hard?
These people need to pick a trope and stick with it.
So should we congratulate her for being persistent and hard working, or do we acknowledge that DEI opens doors for individuals to accomplish great things?

Either way, it’s a story worth celebrating and highlights what makes America so great.

So I assume the "intellectually inept" trope is a talking point generated in the right wing media fever swamp. There certainly is no evidence whatsoever to support your despicable characterization.

I encourage you and your fellow bigots to continue pushing this : )

By the way, why is Trump so afraid to debate someone who is "intellectually inept" ?

Every time I see a Pub voter playing the “Harris was just a DEI hire” angle, I say just keep digging that hole, brother.

It’s an interesting strategy that will alienate everyone other than straight white males, and a small subset of straight white females.

But if that’s what you think will be successful, by all means, PLEASE keep beating that drum.

Welcome from the Tar Pit
They literally have an entire platform (IC) and still choose to jump over here to spread their hate. They have nothing but trying to stir the pot with those they oppose.

It's pathetic and embarrassing.

Maybe HY2012 would be willing to start a forum so they can scream "DEI, constitutional republic, Christian values, immigration and sanctuary cities! at each other all day.

Back