Democratic National Convention August 19-22 (Chicago) - Kamala DNC speech got 22% more viewer than Trump RNC speech

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 1K
  • Views: 26K
I’ll take “Things that aren’t close to true for $1000, Alex”.

And FWIW, as bad as she was, if Trump & Palin were the only 2 options…give me 4 years of Tina Fey.
That’s the funny thing. Granted, the hypothetical of democrats thinking Harris reminds them of Palin is ridiculous enough as it is, but the idea that democrats would prefer Trump over Palin is perhaps even more ridiculous.

When did nate silver become the seepage from a failing colostomy bag?
He did well when his focus was on polling and modeling, but he was never great when he had to be a pundit.

As more folks came along who could do what he does, he didn't seem to take that well. And he was forced to lean more toward punditry, which he doesn't do well.

But I think what really seems to have pushed him over the edge is when ABC pushed him out of 538. That's when I really noticed that he seemed to start taking contrarian views solely for the sake of being contrarian.

I recall that conventions are usually accompanied by a poll bump
Day 1, in contrast with the GOP, would seem to be VERY positive for polling.

[Meanwhile, if Trump does lose this thing (which seems increasingly likely) it seems to me that the GOP is in serious trouble.]

For some reason I decided to switch over to the conservative radio station this morning to see what they were saying. They had some guy call in who said "I'm a Democrat who was watching the convention with ten other Democrats when it hit me - Kamala is just like Sarah Palin! I told the others that and they all were amazed and couldn't believe how true it was, so we are all thinking we might vote for Trump." I mean I just can't even begin to describe how stupid someone has to be to listen to that and think it's real. I always regret tuning into that garbage and this was no exception.
The caller was lying.

I'd vote for Palin over trump.

Kamala is light years ahead of Palin. This is like comparing a 2024 car to a 1940 car, yes they are both cars (female), but that where the intersection of the venn diagram ends.

Dead giveaway is that:

NO ONE HAS WATCH PARTIES WITH 10+ PEOPLE FOR A CONVENTION (especially night 1)
Most talk radio is fake. My old roommate when she was between jobs was a paid radio caller. She'd get an assignment with a few talking points, (or a problem, for an advice call-in show) and would improv the rest. A lot of people in the improv (i.e. frequently unemployed) world of Los Angeles do this.

I think the point of the schtick was that they are Democrats, so they hate Sarah Palin, but now they realize that Harris is just like Palin so they have to vote for Trump.
Ah, got it. I just assumed they are MAGAs pretending to be Democrats. Because no sane person would think Harris is anything like Palin.

He did well when his focus was on polling and modeling, but he was never great when he had to be a pundit.

As more folks came along who could do what he does, he didn't seem to take that well. And he was forced to lean more toward punditry, which he doesn't do well.

But I think what really seems to have pushed him over the edge is when ABC pushed him out of 538. That's when I really noticed that he seemed to start taking contrarian views solely for the sake of being contrarian.
He also got pummeled for his Covid hot takes. The dude thought he knew more that epidemiologists about risk in a pandemic and got dragged pretty hard on Twitter for it.

He’s a mile wide, inch deep stats pundit, which is no match for people who know more stats and have expert domain knowledge.

I went to bed early. Did Crooked Joe, whose Presidency was Unconstitutionally STOLEN from him, CRASH the convention and try to take back the nomination; beginning with challenging Trump to another DEBATE?
I wish this was satire but I talked to my Trump/Fox News loving father this morning and found out that he stayed up way past his bedtime to watch Biden speak. When I asked why did he even care what Biden had to say, he replied "I thought he might tell off all those people that kicked him out of office." I just laughed and told him he was off of his rocker if he really thought that was going to happen. The conversation didn't get much better because it moved on to Joe had too much energy last night and what did they have him on.

What's sad, is that I'm sure that there was millions of Fox News/right wind media zombies that had visions in their heads of Biden crashing the party for revenge and disrupting the whole DNC.

Ah, got it. I just assumed they are MAGAs pretending to be Democrats. Because no sane person would think Harris is anything like Palin.
Yes they were clearly MAGA's pretending. The ridiculous part is that anyone listening would believe it but there appears to be a bottomless supply of idiots in the Trump cult.

Back