GOP slouches into the Crazy -IMMIGRATION Edition | Trump Won’t Condemn Bomb Threats in Springfield OH

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 775
  • Views: 16K
  • Politics 
If only MAGAs applied the same standard for evidence in Trump's legal trials that they do when demonizing Haitian immigrants in the state of Ohio.
They kind of are. Their consistent evidentiary rules are that Trump didn’t do it, regardless of how much evidence exists that he did, and black and brown people did do it, regardless of whether any evidence exists at all.

This is getting so out of hand …

I may rebrand this thread as MAGA insanity just about immigrants and start another slouch thread for other stuff. Unreal.

The Trump campaign may have decided that their only chance at winning at these battleground Midwestern states like PA, MI, and WI is to drum up the nativist, racist fear of dark-skinned immigrants "overwhelming" smaller, mostly all-white towns and cities and "taking them over" and doing terrible things like eating people's pets and stealing from and even killing white natives and so on. And while I think the issue is a definite loser outside of the Trump base, I wouldn't underestimate its effects in these Midwestern swing states. What the GOP is counting on is a primal white fear of being overrun by "savage" black hordes leading to a massive white turnout for Trump in small towns, smaller cities, and rural areas in the Midwest in November. We'll find out if it works soon enough.

The Trump campaign may have decided that their only chance at winning at these battleground Midwestern states like PA, MI, and WI is to drum up the nativist, racist fear of dark-skinned immigrants "overwhelming" smaller, mostly all-white towns and cities and "taking them over" and doing terrible things like eating people's pets and stealing from and even killing white natives and so on. And while I think the issue is a definite loser outside of the Trump base, I wouldn't underestimate its effects in these Midwestern swing states. What the GOP is counting on is a primal white fear of being overrun by "savage" black hordes leading to a massive white turnout for Trump in small towns, smaller cities, and rural areas in the Midwest in November. We'll find out if it works soon enough.
Those areas already had massive turnout for Trump in 2020. There just aren't that many votes there.

And most people in these states are actually aware that they are not being overrun by anyone. The problem for Trump is that he's trying to propagandize by lying about what is in front of people's faces. Propaganda is always supposed to be about secret threats, ones whose absences can be explained by the secrecy. Obviously Trump does a lot of that too, but this "America is being destroyed" stuff -- I mean, maybe it works. I don't know. Seems as though it wouldn't.

Those areas already had massive turnout for Trump in 2020. There just aren't that many votes there.

And most people in these states are actually aware that they are not being overrun by anyone. The problem for Trump is that he's trying to propagandize by lying about what is in front of people's faces. Propaganda is always supposed to be about secret threats, ones whose absences can be explained by the secrecy. Obviously Trump does a lot of that too, but this "America is being destroyed" stuff -- I mean, maybe it works. I don't know. Seems as though it wouldn't.
I think you underestimate the fear of black people and immigrants in these heavily white rural and small-town MAGA areas. I agree that people outside his base don't buy it, but his campaign staff has likely concluded that he's not winning anybody outside his base, so why not double down on the racism and nativism and try to drive up his support in rural and small-town areas even more? They really don't have a lot of options given that their candidate is named Donald J. Trump. Raising his vote over 2020 in these areas may not be likely, but they're going to try it anyway, because that's really about all they've got.

This whole story is a stain on America. Just abhorrent and anyone that doesn’t come right and and denounce those assholes are exactly like them.
And this is what I've said for at least 8 years now with Trump. This whole "I'm voting for ideas or for judges or for policies" bullshit is just that....bullshit.

They are all voting for Donald Trump. They endorse and embrace this shitm. This is the kind of thing you are either for or against. There is no middle ground on this mess.

Back