GOP slouches into the Crazy -IMMIGRATION Edition | Trump Won’t Condemn Bomb Threats in Springfield OH

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 775
  • Views: 16K
  • Politics 
Well, the Fairness Doctrine was an FCC rule that only applied to FCC-licensed broadcast channels so it wouldn't have applied to cable news anyway. But I agree that Ted Turner had no idea where his concept of a 24 hour news channel was going to lead.
That's true but it did signal a change in what was acceptable and eliminated any chance that it would be expanded.

(Cont’d)

“…
The claims about Aurora were spun out of real issues.

The Denver area has struggled to deal with an influx of about 40,000 migrants, many of whom had been sent inland by Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas.

The soaring cost of housing, acute in Denver, had brought many of those new arrivals to Aurora looking for somewhere cheaper to live — right to those same ramshackle apartments the city was already fighting to get cleaned up.

On Thursday, one resident of the complex, Star Lopez, 29, was gingerly walking her three dogs through a tiny stretch of dirt and weeds — and piles of dog feces — between two of the buildings where the video was captured. Inside the nondescript three-story brick structures, flies swarmed. Most apartments had broken windows, no screens, and doors ajar with no functioning locks or even doorknobs.

… But there were no armed men blocking passage or extorting rent or protection money, Ms. Lopez said, despite what conservative media has said. Most of the residents at this point are squatters.

“Oh, it’s taken over, but it’s taken over by everybody,” Ms. Lopez said, freely admitting she hadn’t paid rent since November, and adding that most of the neighbors hadn’t either. “It’s survival of the fittest.”

… Nearby, an onlooker from Colorado Springs who declined to give his name gawked and took pictures.

He was at the Department of Veterans Affairs hospital nearby and “thought I’d stop by,” he said. “I was expecting to see vigilantes all over the place, people on the rooftops with machine guns.” …”

I wish a journalist would ask JD Vance if he understands how our government works the next time he claims that Kamala Harris policies caused X

He spreads nothing but disinformation and hate. These people are reprehensible.

I canceled my twitter account the day Musk bought it and haven’t missed it once.
I canceled my Twitter feed the day Musk took over (and more importantly submitted delete my data requests), and not a day goes by that I don’t miss what it used to be. I have zero use for what it has become (what I knew it would become).

If you still have a Twitter account you are in a way, complicit. You aiding and abetting.

Quite a remarkable choice, bc he sounded like a bumbling, whiny conspiracy theorist. I suppose that plays well to the base, but that’s not who they need.
Notice the slip there. Not "confirmed" or "verified." "confirmable, verifiable."

I would like one of these news anchors to say, "when you repeat anonymous hypothetical reports, you're doing nothing more than spreading rumors. You and Trump are like a small town sewing circle, gossiping away. Everything you say is a lie."

Back