Harris Vegas rally

Against what? I ran through the possibilities. It's a buffer against losing MI and winning AZ. I forgot about NE2, which I guess is something. Biden won there by 6 in 2020, which I think exceeded his margin in NV -- but it's also true that past is not necessarily prologue. I had thought the NE2 margin was more like 10.
New Hampshire

Can we not include posts on this board from people that say things like this?

I don't need to see what insane MAGAS say. This guy's hideous

Fair ask. Rugg is truly awful — wasn’t intending to promote him at all. He does get a surprising amount of purchase on the far right (including some time with Tucker Carlson), but I admit I look at enough stuff from guys like him that I’ve become numb to how bad they are.

Hedge fund managers will be converting their fees to a gratuity automatically added to the bill for parties of one or more.
If you write it broadly enough, sure. But with a rational cap on the tax-free amount, limits to hourly workers in specified industries etc, it could be made to work for targeted taxpayers.

It would create even more counter-arguments about having a lower minimum wage for such workers and might result in downward pressure on how much people tip — if the tip is not taxed, why tip 20-25%?

If you write it broadly enough, sure. But with a rational cap on the tax-free amount, limits to hourly workers in specified industries etc, it could be made to work for targeted taxpayers.

It would create even more counter-arguments about having a lower minimum wage for such workers and might result in downward pressure on how much people tip — if the tip is not taxed, why tip 20-25%?
Another question is are tips exempt only from income tax or also from the FICA/Payroll/Self-employment tax? The latter is typically left out of federal tax discussions, though for lower income workers they may make up the larger portion of their taxes paid.

Another question is are tips exempt only from income tax or also from the FICA/Payroll/Self-employment tax? The latter is typically left out of federal tax discussions, though for lower income workers they may make up the larger portion of their taxes paid.
Excellent point

I can’t believe Harris is adopting the “no tax on tips” mantra from Trump. Has she said that before tonight?

Back