Harris Vegas rally

I can't think of any valid reason to not tax tips. It's income. Income should be taxed. All income should be taxed. No shelters, no special treatment. I don't understand why we would do otherwise.

Why should someone making $1000 a week in tips (which isn't difficult at many restaurants) pay zero federal taxes?

Can we not include posts on this board from people that say things like this?

No, I don't want to censor out things that are being said around the country. It's the equivalent of sticking your finger in your ears and pretending the real world isn't actually real.

I'd agree with you that we don't need to be inundated by it, but censor it on some kind of fabricated principle? No way jose.

Last edited:
No, I don't want to censor out things that are being said around the country. It's the equivalent of sticking your finger in your ears and pretending the real world isn't actually real.

I'd agree with you that we don't need to be inundated by it, but censor it on some kind of fabricated principle? No way jose.
Sorry I don't want to see evil spewed by homophobes

Maybe those can have their own mass thread?

Last edited:

No Donald...you stole the idea from Ron Paul

The alleged “TRUMP idea” arrives years after ex-Republican presidential candidate and former Rep. Ron Paul, in a Jan. 2012 op-ed, called it an “outrage” that wait staff and other service workers had to pay taxes on tips they earned on the clock.

“That’s because I understand ending taxes on tips will give these workers a pay raise, letting them keep more money to put toward things like a house or car payment, their retirement, or their own and/or their children’s education,” wrote Paul in the Las Vegas Sun op-ed.

Congressional records also show that at least one other lawmaker has called for no taxes on tips as former Rep. Phil Crane (R-Ill.) pushed the proposal back in 1982.

HuffPost reached out to the Trump campaign, which was not immediately available for comment.

I can’t believe Harris is adopting the “no tax on tips” mantra from Trump. Has she said that before tonight?
Trump didn't say it before a rally in Vegas. Look, "no tax on tips" is a brain dead policy. But Kamala is not about to let Trump demagogue his way through the election spouting BS. If Trump can lie about doing it, so can Kamala.

Trump didn't say it before a rally in Vegas. Look, "no tax on tips" is a brain dead policy. But Kamala is not about to let Trump demagogue his way through the election spouting BS. If Trump can lie about doing it, so can Kamala.
Weak

Back