Our faithful followers! (Tim Walz approves this pet thread)

• Thread starter Thread starter CLT Heel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 89
  • Views: 1K
Have y'all noticed that when you click a picture, that the array of pictures throughout the the current page shows at the bottom and it allows you to scroll though them? That's a really cool feature and I'm impressed with the functionality of this forum!

Also @UNCRx85 - very sorry to hear about your cat. 😢 Hoping he is comfortable as is possible and please keep us posted on things.

Last edited:
Sincere condolences on your loss, RMH. Losing them is obviously the worst part of having them but IMHO, the joy outweighs the grief.
Yeah, it’s a tough call. We had him since our now college Junior was in preschool. It just got to the point where we asked ourselves are we keeping him with us for our sake or because his quality of life is still good (and it wasn’t). His arthritis in his back/hips had gotten so bad he couldn’t hold his own weight to squat to use the bathroom…and that was with pain medicine 2x a day. Was the right time, and the vet was amazing throughout.

This campaign is quickly becoming a contrast of opposites, and that includes our faithful companions, our pets. Someone suggested we start a dog thread, but I’ll leave this open to include all you crazy cat ladies out there too. 😆

Mine are Rosie (4 yrs old) and Luna (2 yrs old). Rosie’s the traditional pug, while Luna is a Brindle pug with a little Boston Terrier in her (less than 25%).
IMG_5435.jpeg
Sorry to post a follow up, but I just had to post two more pics of Luna. This first one shows her personality and tells you everything you need to know. 😂

IMG_5444.jpeg

This second one was taken - of course - on the day of a “Luna” eclipse. 😂

IMG_5396.jpeg

I do, near City Market. If you live in the area, Sadie has probably barked at you.
Leo, you doing trivia tonight with the monsoon?
You can figure out my secret identity from Watson’s photo

Sorry everyone, just discovered that Leo and I live about 50 feet apart

We have a gray tuxedo cat. Turns 15 sometime around now. Showed up out of nowhere as a kitten when we got home from Kenan after a limp 16-3 loss to Virginia in 2009. He improved my sour mood immediately. Most people-person cat I've ever been around. Sleeps beside my head every night. He's great with my kids (4 and 1). My dude's absolutely regal. Best pet I've ever had.

We just found out he's got an oral cancer and we'll have to put him down in the next few weeks/months. Sucks big time. I'm gonna be a f*ckin mess when the time comes. Anyway, he's now got free roam of the house and can eat whatever he wants - people food included.
Losing a loved one. A family member. Always tough. Grief is simply love with no place to go.

Leo, you doing trivia tonight with the monsoon?
You can figure out my secret identity from Watson’s photo

Sorry everyone, just discovered that Leo and I live about 50 feet apart
Ha!! OMG!! Great seeing you here, neighbor. Not sure about trivia tonight. They may cancel.

My dog was so happy to be home after being left at the vet/kennel for a week. Me and kids were out of country.

Yes, she has destroyed couch with nylabones and chew toys.1000011831.jpg
IMHO, this is the solution to that problem - the 20 grit sandpaper that every hard Nylabone ends up becoming and the damage it can do to furniture and hardwood floors:

99af-f4c1de9f134a.86822d532063286c881caf7bf8f909a2.jpg

These are great and won't ruin your furniture or floors. They're just VERY hard rubber. I had to get them for Bee because she had some tooth damage and had to have a couple of caps when I got her (she was previously used as a bait dog and almost died before coming to the shelter I got her from) so the acrylic plastic-like Nylabones were not an option.

Back