Our faithful followers! (Tim Walz approves this pet thread)

• Thread starter Thread starter CLT Heel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 89
  • Views: 1K
Our 9 year old cat Apricot, but I just call her Brat…if you’re a cat owner, you’ll understand.

Unfortunately had to put down our 15 year old Boston Terrier this past winter. Haven’t gotten another dog yet, but will eventually.

IMG_1943.jpeg
Your Boston Terrier lived to be 15? That’s a very long time for that breed. My parents had four. Not at one time, but total. The oldest reached 11 I believe. Glad you had your dog for so long. And I understand completely about why you call your cat what you do. My nickname for our cat is more R-rated. Still, he’s a great cat.

Your Boston Terrier lived to be 15? That’s a very long time for that breed. My parents had four. Not at one time, but total. The oldest reached 11 I believe. Glad you had your dog for so long. And I understand completely about why you call your cat what you do. My nickname for our cat is more R-rated. Still, he’s a great cat.
Yeah, he had a good life. And we’re convinced he would have lasted longer, but when we moved back to VA and were in an Airbnb while closing on our house, he took a couple of falls down the stairs. Our house we sold was a ranch and he hadn’t really navigated stairs in a long time. He had been totally healthy at 14 even before that. It messed his back and hips up pretty good unfortunately.

Well, today was the day. He stopped eating around Thursday/Friday. Could tell he was in pain, even with meds. He really started to withdraw, too, staying under the bed or behind the bathtub, which was very unlike him.
We had an appt already scheduled for Wednesday for him to get another steroid shot, but I didn’t wanna make him linger another 48hrs. Hardest thing I’ve had to do. Gonna miss that little guy.

IMG_3439.jpeg
Poor kitchka! So sorry for your loss, Rx85. You did the right thing and I know you know that, but it's still hard. But they depend on us to make those decisions and you did what needed to be done. Hang in there, buddy..

Well, today was the day. He stopped eating around Thursday/Friday. Could tell he was in pain, even with meds. He really started to withdraw, too, staying under the bed or behind the bathtub, which was very unlike him.
We had an appt already scheduled for Wednesday for him to get another steroid shot, but I didn’t wanna make him linger another 48hrs. Hardest thing I’ve had to do. Gonna miss that little guy.

IMG_3439.jpeg
I’m so sorry, that’s a big loss. What a sweet boy. Such a hard thing to make that call, but it seems like it was the right thing to do. 😢

I’m so sorry, that’s a big loss. What a sweet boy. Such a hard thing to make that call, but it seems like it was the right thing to do. 😢
I keep feeling awful, but then I think how he wasn’t going to get better. He probably could have made it another week or 10 days maybe, but we’re leaving for a weeklong family vacation next weekend and I know he wouldn’t have lasted until we got back, even with neighbors feeding him.

At the end of the day, he was miserable and this was the only thing I could do for him…

I have had a few cats-I always let them outside It has never ended in a"natural " death
There is a Cat that the neighbor feeds-he lives outside and roams maybe three acres I have never seen him go near the road
That makes me happy

I keep feeling awful, but then I think how he wasn’t going to get better. He probably could have made it another week or 10 days maybe, but we’re leaving for a weeklong family vacation next weekend and I know he wouldn’t have lasted until we got back, even with neighbors feeding him.

At the end of the day, he was miserable and this was the only thing I could do for him…
It’s the last thing you can do for your pet. It’s a hard decision, I know from personal experience, but you did the right thing for your pet.

Yes, it was the right thing to do. He got to die with dignity and with you right there with him instead of dragging it out and him being in pain (or lonely/confused when you were out of town). No need to second guess your decision. But the grief and loss is so hard, this was your buddy and you loved him!

You made the right and humane choice.

Back