Our faithful followers! (Tim Walz approves this pet thread)

• Thread starter Thread starter CLT Heel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 89
  • Views: 1K
The big one is Sammie. When our previous dog died one fall, my wife said she wanted to get our next dog in the summer and for it to be house trained and non-shedding. So that February, she told me she found a great dog... a puppy that sheds. So yeah, Sammie checked none of my wife's boxes, but she has turned out to be the best dog we could imagine, so good, in fact, that we got her a dog, Bonnie - the little one.
20160120_170201.jpg20181210_204013.jpg20181123_140715.jpg

OMFG you guys I realize I don't have any good photos of my many Corgis (Pembroke and Cardigans) but I'm loving the idea that what effing humans don't have pets and hang/help friends that do? I'm looking at you HY2012? Check yourself before you wreck yourself! Your children are growing up quickly and more quickly than you.

IMG_0643.jpegIMG_0659.jpeg

Newest addition on the stairs. 2-3yo Dane mix rescue that is part velociraptor. He’s gonna be great one day, though!

The other two rescues are solid gold. 8yo Pyr/pit/St Bernard mix we got last year, and Bloodhound/Boxer mix who slid into the fam in Feb 2020 at around 2yo.

We lost our best boy last Thanksgiving after a 12 round fight with lymphoma. The prior rescue trio bowed out at 15/13/13 over an 8mo period in 2019.

I know people feel this pull to honor their old dog by not getting another one, but chances are the ever-selfless dog would be happy to pay it forward to someone new. If you have the home for pet energy and care needs, you can have a new dog! And there are so many that you can dial in for your needs if you’re willing to browse and inquire.

We honor and talk about the departed dogs a lot, and miss them like crazy. In this man’s opinion, the day-to-day joy of owning a dog - new or otherwise - stacks up to CRUSH the pain of their life span being shorter than yours. Dogs are just the fucking best!

IMG_4114.jpeg

11 year old Maxie (13 lbs) brindle mutt terrier and 10 year old Prince (73 lbs) pointer mutt. They accompany me in my back and forth between NYC and AVL and even go to work with me most days.
I feel like I’ve seen this pair somewhere before. Weights line up almost exactly with yours. Beau (usually referred to as Cephus) and Piggy. Shouldn't be hard to figure out which is which...

IMG_8184.jpeg

I feel like I’ve seen this pair somewhere before. Weights line up almost exactly with yours. Beau (usually referred to as Cephus) and Piggy. Shouldn't be hard to figure out which is which...

IMG_8184.jpeg

HOMBRE!!! Ever walk those two at the same time...I call mine ZigZag and Blindspot. Hey, judging by your avatar I'd say you ought to check out the thread, "Where were you when Jerry Died?"

We have a gray tuxedo cat. Turns 15 sometime around now. Showed up out of nowhere as a kitten when we got home from Kenan after a limp 16-3 loss to Virginia in 2009. He improved my sour mood immediately. Most people-person cat I've ever been around. Sleeps beside my head every night. He's great with my kids (4 and 1). My dude's absolutely regal. Best pet I've ever had.

We just found out he's got an oral cancer and we'll have to put him down in the next few weeks/months. Sucks big time. I'm gonna be a f*ckin mess when the time comes. Anyway, he's now got free roam of the house and can eat whatever he wants - people food included.
Well, today was the day. He stopped eating around Thursday/Friday. Could tell he was in pain, even with meds. He really started to withdraw, too, staying under the bed or behind the bathtub, which was very unlike him.
We had an appt already scheduled for Wednesday for him to get another steroid shot, but I didn’t wanna make him linger another 48hrs. Hardest thing I’ve had to do. Gonna miss that little guy.

IMG_3439.jpeg

Have y'all noticed that when you click a picture, that the array of pictures throughout the the current page shows at the bottom and it allows you to scroll though them? That's a really cool feature and I'm impressed with the functionality of this forum!

Also @UNCRx85 - very sorry to hear about your cat. 😢 Hoping he is comfortable as is possible and please keep us posted on things.
Yes, I had noticed that feature. It is nice. As nice as your avatar. :cool:

My family has 3 cats.

A stray got on the deck and attacked one of them last week. She's seriously got PTSD now. She used to love to lounge out on the deck, not she will not go out there.

I've got a trap, and I hope to catch the stary to take it to a local cat rescue.

Back