Photos you’ve taken

Supposedly this is hanging up in Zion's parents house. I know it was framed and gifted to them with a list of his accomplishments.
Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 11.19.28 AM.png
All right, it's hard enough dealing with conservatives, who let a dook fan join? ;)😁
Zion should have went to UNC.
Anyway, just kidding, glad to have you around.

Photo #2 is one of my favorite sights on the planet. And my second home. Is #1 Flores? #3 the cemetery at Chichicastenango?

CLT's 2nd photo is antigua, correct?

Or is there another equally charming city in Guatemala that I somehow missed?

@CLT Heel & @TarSpiel

I’ve lived in Antigua for a year once and 3 to 6 months (or little towns on the periphery) several times. The colonial history of taverns and alcohol there has been a focus of mine. It is the most pleasant and historic place to live by far. Lake Atitlan is fine for a visit IMO. I’ve also spent good time in Quetzaltenango and though I’ve never spent more than about 3 months therein a stretch, I think it is a great city - very urban indigenous if you can grock that. And believe it or not there are nice parts of Guatemala City - historic and safe though not gated and elite. I also like Huehuetenango a good deal - there are many Guatemaltecos from there in North Carolina these days. I have adopted family from there.

@CLT Heel & @TarSpiel

I’ve lived in Antigua for a year once and 3 to 6 months (or little towns on the periphery) several times. The colonial history of taverns and alcohol there has been a focus of mine. It is the most pleasant and historic place to live by far. Lake Atitlan is fine for a visit IMO. I’ve also spent good time in Quetzaltenango and though I’ve never spent more than about 3 months therein a stretch, I think it is a great city - very urban indigenous if you can grock that. And believe it or not there are nice parts of Guatemala City - historic and safe though not gated and elite. I also like Huehuetenango a good deal - there are many Guatemaltecos from there in North Carolina these days. I have adopted family from there.
Morganton, NC has more Guatemalans per capita than any other locale outside of Guatemala.

1723220378504.png

Back