Questions/Answers + Suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 104
  • Views: 813
I recommend we eliminate the use of InsideCarolina.com in the ZZL logo at the top -- maybe our own logo with similar details (ZZLP Lounge -- "Politics & Other Topics for Tar Heel Fans and their Friends" or something -- you guys can come up with something better, what do you want, I'm a lawyer, not a public relations person)

Is there any way to have the board software "highlight" topics that have had *new*posts on it since you last looked at it? The previous ZZLP's board software would make the thread titles bolder if there were new posts since you last visited.

At IC I used to just hit the main browser back arrow, which I liked..
Trouble with that method is getting 4-5 pages into a thread results in numerous clicks back. At least with the amount of memory IC used (up to 5gb on my machine) the constant reloads sometimes made memory issues worse.

I put this another thread then realized this is the Question thread
So for the first time I want to put an "avatar"on my posts It is actually a picture of Terry Sanford-the first progressive politician in NC Now I can find a picture and copy link-How do I get it "imbedded" in my posts?

Is there a link back to the main topics page at the bottom of each thread? Right now I'm scrolling back up to the top and clicking on the ZZL logo as a proxy.

Is there any way to have the board software "highlight" topics that have had *new*posts on it since you last looked at it? The previous ZZLP's board software would make the thread titles bolder if there were new posts since you last visited.
Similarly is there a way to make it when you click on a thread you’ve already visited that it takes you to where you left off; any new or unread posts?

Hey guys. Great suggestions. I don't think there is anything I can't make happen so I will get on it when I get back from lunch.

Seems like a back to the forum option at the bottom of the thread is the biggest need. There is a lot of unnecessary buttons and links at the moment since I got the side up so quickly so there will be a ton of optimization coming.

I will respond to each post as I work through them.

Also, I posted that heelslegup indicated over on IC that captcha requirement keeps visually impaired from signing up for the board, so looking for a work-around on that

Also, I posted that heelslegup indicated over on IC that captcha requirement keeps visually impaired from signing up for the board, so looking for a work-around on that
I saw and I am looking into it. I think they got registered which is good for now but definitely needs to be addressed.

I recommend we eliminate the use of InsideCarolina.com in the ZZL logo at the top -- maybe our own logo with similar details (ZZLP Lounge -- "Politics & Other Topics for Tar Heel Fans and their Friends" or something -- you guys can come up with something better, what do you want, I'm a lawyer, not a public relations person)
Done and done. Need to find a higher res image to fix a few things or can recreate it later when have more time.

Maybe something I'm overlooking, but a button to "return to topics" would be nice. As is now, I have to click "Forums" then "Main" to return to topics.
Agree. The "Return to Topics" button at the bottom of the threads were one of the few nice features over there.

I put this on the Welcome thread but I suppose it belongs here:

If you changed usernames when you came over here, can you put your ZZL name somewhere like premiumblueblooded did with his new Icky username?

I need to know how to prejudge you and I can't do that if I don't know who you are.

Trouble with that method is getting 4-5 pages into a thread results in numerous clicks back. At least with the amount of memory IC used (up to 5gb on my machine) the constant reloads sometimes made memory issues worse.
Clicking the browser back arrow would always take me back to the main threads page no matter how many pages into a thread I was. It would also take me back to the main threads page if I was halfway down a thread and didn't want to scroll all the way to the bottom to hit the embedded back button, which I never used even if I was at the bottom of the page...

I put this on the Welcome thread but I suppose it belongs here:

If you changed usernames when you came over here, can you put your ZZL name somewhere like premiumblueblooded did with his new Icky username?

I need to know how to prejudge you and I can't do that if I don't know who you are.
How did you slap that dog picture on your "name circle" Rock will answer me -but he has lot more important things to do
Thanks

How did you slap that dog picture on your "name circle" Rock will answer me -but he has lot more important things to do
Thanks

If you click on your profile and then hover your mouse over it, it should give you an option to "Edit" profile pic. Then you just upload whatever image you want.

Similarly is there a way to make it when you click on a thread you’ve already visited that it takes you to where you left off; any new or unread posts?

Rock - these are two things that would be most helpful.
Thanks for the work!!

Thanks
Go up to your name in top right and click on it. Your avatar has a “edit” link at the bottom. Click on the word “edit” to change your avatar.

Rock - these are two things that would be most helpful.
Thanks for the work!!
Thanks for the suggestions. Added to the list! Hopefully get everything addressed by tonight!

Thanks
I added a picture of Mr. Sanford for you but if you tell me which one, or post the one you want, I can add it myself. I thought the one I used made him look very stately and dignified.

Back