Questions/Answers + Suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 104
  • Views: 813
You lost your chef’s hat?
I'm really struggling with user titles for some reason. :ROFLMAO: I definitely don't want to appear above anyone or anything. Man of the people!

Joining Welcome Home GIF

I'm on another board that uses this software. Always thought IC was stone age. I suggest y'all play around with the options in the reply box. Links, images, emojis, text formatting, etc.

🙈🙉🙊

I am in total awe at how awesome this site already is, @Rock. I mean, this is truly something to behold. Thank you so, so much for all of your work in doing this. Truly cannot thank you enough. I keep checking in every so often to see what new members are joining and getting more and more excited as I see more and more familiar names migrating over. So awesome having this community coming together like this!

@Rock

There is a function to 'go live' where posts in that thread automatically post with not having to reload page. Mods withthe power and opening posters can set the time when to go live. It is an option users can select to use in preferences.

Would come in handy on threads such as speeches, the dem convention, etc.

And if the site goes wide open, it's great for live game threads.

Last edited:
@Rock

There is a function to 'go live' where posts in that thread automatically post with not having to reload page. Mods withthe power and opening posters can set the time when to go live. It is an option users can select to use.

Would come in handy on threads such as speeches, the dem convention, etc.

And if the site goes wide open, it's great for live game threads.
That's awesome. I had no idea, thanks.

Definitely will be interesting see where this place takes us.

That's awesome. I had no idea, thanks.

Definitely will be interesting see where this place takes us.

Opening up this forum as early as we have, there is going to be a lot of things to change, things to fix, etc. Please feel free to point out anything wrong, ask questions, suggest things here.

Thanks for helping us get this place off the ground!

Any chance we could double the number of threads per page? Looks like some relatively active threads are falling off of page 1 pretty quickly...

I'm on another board that uses this software. Always thought IC was stone age. I suggest y'all play around with the options in the reply box. Links, images, emojis, text formatting, etc.

🙈🙉🙊
One of the most comical things about the software that 247 makes IC use is that the very simplest thing (that was figured out on internet software literally almost three decades ago) bolding, italicizing, or underling text would often break if you tried to toggle it on and off throughout a post. I mean, it was just bonkers to me that they never even attempted to fix such a simple thing.

Anyway, don't mean to dump on them but yeah, this software is light years ahead of what they have going on over there.

Is there any way to have the board software "highlight" topics that have had *new*posts on it since you last looked at it? The previous ZZLP's board software would make the thread titles bolder if there were new posts since you last visited.
I believe I've managed to do this. Changing the color of the box the thread is in is a bit more complex but now it's bright, bold text for a topic you haven't looked at and then muted text for one you have, until there is a new post again.

Do you think it works correctly?

I believe I've managed to do this. Changing the color of the box the thread is in is a bit more complex but now it's bright, bold text for a topic you haven't looked at and then muted text for one you have, until there is a new post again.

Do you think it works correctly?

I believe it's working like that for me.

You're really doing killer work here, rock.

One of the most comical things about the software that 247 makes IC use is that the very simplest thing (that was figured out on internet software literally almost three decades ago) bolding, italicizing, or underling text would often break if you tried to toggle it on and off throughout a post. I mean, it was just bonkers to me that they never even attempted to fix such a simple thing.

Anyway, don't mean to dump on them but yeah, this software is light years ahead of what they have going on over there.
The main problem is that the networks IC has belonged to (247, scout, etc) repeatedly make the mistake of believing the forums are a bonus to the content as opposed to the main draw for many. I have tried arguing to the network admins (Ben, Buck, michellle, etc see the value in the forums in my opinion,) but the people that be always view the forums as a third hand priority. it is frustrating.

We have also had less input as time wen ton. The original ezboard we could customize everything, there was even the ability to put custom javascript in the header and footer of the page so I could radically alter what the forums looked like and behaved. Then the scout days took away the javascript option, but I could still change colors and custom images, upload icons and gifs etc. Now with 247 we can't do any of that, I cannot access any administrator settings for the forums, can't trace IP addresses etc. Even trying to undelete a post is a buggy mess that usually doesn't work.

Have you been able to do this?

Similarly is there a way to make it when you click on a thread you’ve already visited that it takes you to where you left off; any new or unread posts?

For now, you sure can. I was going to have this discussion eventually with how the community feels but my thinking was, all language is ok with the exception of slurs. Those will get starred out and if you are using slurs, other problems will arise.

We will talk about many things like this in the coming days.
I’d like to see the slurs.

That way the true schmucks are completely exposed.

I put this another thread then realized this is the Question thread
So for the first time I want to put an "avatar"on my posts It is actually a picture of Terry Sanford-the first progressive politician in NC Now I can find a picture and copy link-How do I get it "imbedded" in my posts?
Frank Porter Graham was an earlier “progressive” than Terry Sanford.

Back