Questions/Answers + Suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 104
  • Views: 813
Have you been able to do this?

Similarly is there a way to make it when you click on a thread you’ve already visited that it takes you to where you left off; any new or unread posts?
Sorry, did you not include a quote for the "Have you been able to do this?" as I'm not sure what you're referencing.

As to the where you left off function, I'm pretty sure it already does this. Are you certain it does not?

The main problem is that the networks IC has belonged to (247, scout, etc) repeatedly make the mistake of believing the forums are a bonus to the content as opposed to the main draw for many. I have tried arguing to the network admins (Ben, Buck, michellle, etc see the value in the forums in my opinion,) but the people that be always view the forums as a third hand priority. it is frustrating.

We have also had less input as time wen ton. The original ezboard we could customize everything, there was even the ability to put custom javascript in the header and footer of the page so I could radically alter what the forums looked like and behaved. Then the scout days took away the javascript option, but I could still change colors and custom images, upload icons and gifs etc. Now with 247 we can't do any of that, I cannot access any administrator settings for the forums, can't trace IP addresses etc. Even trying to undelete a post is a buggy mess that usually doesn't work.
Wait. They think the attraction is watching videos of blowhards sitting around pontificating on the intentions of 17 year old kids? Or dissecting the nuances of the win over Elon in November? They don't think the main attraction is talking to/commiserating with other fans? JFC. How have they lasted this long?

Sorry, did you not include a quote for the "Have you been able to do this?" as I'm not sure what you're referencing.

As to the where you left off function, I'm pretty sure it already does this. Are you certain it does not?
It does for me.

Hey everyone, why don't we just stop posting on IC zzlp-MAGA, then slam the door and turn off the light?
Nasty MAGA's resurrection on IC-zzlP-MAGA over there.😡

Shut it down on our terms!

Hey everyone, why don't we just stop posting on IC zzlp-MAGA, then slam the door and turn off the light?

Will certainly be interesting over here the day it happens. We've had incredible migration already. I'm stunned at how many people joined and are actively posting.

Wait. They think the attraction is watching videos of blowhards sitting around pontificating on the intentions of 17 year old kids? Or dissecting the nuances of the win over Elon in November? They don't think the main attraction is talking to/commiserating with other fans? JFC. How have they lasted this long?
Nearly every network IC has belonged to (scout, insiders, 247) has downplayed the forums. It makes no sense.

Nearly every network IC has belonged to (scout, insiders, 247) has downplayed the forums. It makes no sense.
We’ve had field hockey threads…..on the Olympic Sports board….the wrestling thread is long and active……We bemoan the state of the swimming program….….People opine about volleyball, gymnastics, softball - sports we aren’t exactly good at and sports IC gives little-to-no coverage. People even start Rowing threads.

Many of the Carolina message boards bring Tar Heels together.

But, the crappy platform is CRAPPY. It crashes routinely on my iPhone.

I’m not tuning in to hear IC “reporters” blow smoke up my butt and hear talk about how great the DB “room” or WR “room” or DL “room” or the “Special Teams” “room” or the OL “room” is.

I don’t enjoy the hoops or football boards……too much negativity and trashing players.

IC, itself, offers little value in terms of its “articles” or its primary (hoops and football) boards.

For now, you sure can. I was going to have this discussion eventually with how the community feels but my thinking was, all language is ok with the exception of slurs. Those will get starred out and if you are using slurs, other problems will arise.

We will talk about many things like this in the coming days.
My vote is no profanity, especially if you are directing at someone to try to keep the threads more civil. If you're cussin', you aren't discussin'.

Thanks! I'll eat the cost for now to ensure we get up and running and hopefully endure!
If it gets up and running, consider some unobtrusive ads. No one here is going to be upset that you get your costs covered plus a little extra for starting this up.

My vote is no profanity, especially if you are directing at someone to try to keep the threads more civil. If you're cussin', you aren't discussin'.
I disagree with this. I don’t understand people who are offended by “profanity.” They are just descriptive words. The filter at IC was ridiculous, and here we don’t have to deal with their “this is a family board” bullshit.

I disagree with this. I don’t understand people who are offended by “profanity.” They are just descriptive words. The filter at IC was ridiculous, and here we don’t have to deal with their “this is a family board” bullshit.
I'm not offended by the words as much as I don't like the tone. Saying "that is bullshit" is different than saying "you are a dumb motherfucker" to a poster, but a blanket no profanity rule might be easier to enforce. Just my preference, but not a big deal either way.

@Rock.

Can you add the "Ignore Thread" function? On another board w this software it is a button on the thread title. Nice to not have to bypass threads you are not interested in, especially if the board is going to be open to more than politics.

I have noticed that when you reply to a post in the middle of a thread (rather than to the last post on the thread) it does not return you to the post you replied to. You have to scroll up and down to find where you left off in the thread.

I’m not sure if this makes sense. Maybe someone who understands what I’m trying to say can state the issue better than me!

Last edited:
If it gets up and running, consider some unobtrusive ads. No one here is going to be upset that you get your costs covered plus a little extra for starting this up.

Was going to say this earlier too @Rock ...you should definitely run some ads and generate some money to cover your expenses. I'd be surprised if anyone on here begrudged you that. I certainly wouldn't.

Was going to say this earlier too @Rock ...you should definitely run some ads and generate some money to cover your expenses. I'd be surprised if anyone on here begrudged you that. I certainly wouldn't.
And you could also run an ad free subscription for those willing to pay. Like myself. 😁

Hey guys, working on some of the things you've asked about. Appreciate helping us figure out how to get things in tip-top shape around here. Feeling a little crummy so also resting a bit.

In terms of the financials, I personally detest ads so would like to never have those. We'll see what else we can do in the future but for now, let's just get this place up and running. Which by any measure, you guys are putting in the work of Usain Bolt.

I’ve stopped even checking ZZL-P and just coming here instead. I’ll probably still check out the regular ZZL on occasion, but it hasn’t had much to hold my attention for months.

Back