Russian interference & Iranian and Chinese Interference

• Thread starter Thread starter theel4life
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 133
  • Views: 2K
  • Politics 
These guys aren’t the horses you want to be riding, my friend.
Other than Dave Rubin, I've never seen/heard a minute of any of their shows. Other than Rubin, the only one I've even heard of is Pool.

I'm just correcting misinformation.

Other than Dave Rubin, I've never seen/heard a minute of any of their shows. Other than Rubin, the only one I've even heard of is Pool.

Nobody here is claiming they knew all the details, although their denials are pretty much meaningless. We’re saying it doesn’t much matter. I don’t know if they’ll be charged, but they could be, even if they didn’t know all the details.

Nobody here is claiming they knew all the details, although their denials are pretty much meaningless. We’re saying it doesn’t much matter. I don’t know if they’ll be charged, but they could be, even if they didn’t know all the details.
The DoJ is literally saying they didn't know what was going on:

“The company never disclosed to the influencers or to their millions of followers its ties to RT and the Russian government,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said on Wednesday.

What you're referring to isn't "misinformation," and whether you're "correcting" it or not is an open question.

In one of NYC's early posts on this topic, it was said that most didn't know, but some "might have." They're not being charged with anything, so they didn't break any laws.

I'm perfectly willing to entertain the notion that they didn't know where their funding was coming from. It also seems reasonable to allow for some criticism leveled at them for not asking.

What you're referring to isn't "misinformation," and whether you're "correcting" it or not is an open question.

In one of NYC's early posts on this topic, it was said that most didn't know, but some "might have." They're not being charged with anything, so they didn't break any laws.

I'm perfectly willing to entertain the notion that they didn't know where their funding was coming from. It also seems reasonable to allow for some criticism leveled at them for not asking.
To say the least. If you are told to take one side on an issue, especially to an extreme degree, it seems reasonable to think you should guess who is providing you the resources to do so.

At this point, based on what the DoJ has stated, we shouldn't just "entertain" that notion, that is what we should believe unless additional info comes out, right?

If you are told to take one side on an issue, especially to an extreme degree, it seems reasonable to think you should guess who is providing you the resources to do so.

I"d be interested if they were told what positions to take on this or that issue.

I sort of assumed they were chosen for funding *because* of their predisposition towards certain postions.

But I don't really know...would be very interesting if it was a top down sort of model.

It's enough for me to reserve judgment which I would have done anyway. Unless they have some hint of evidence, this is what they should say but it's a hell of a lot too early for me to jump either way.

The good thing is that nobody, including me, cares if I ever take a side on this. Apparently, I'm a rarity, though.

It's possible that the reason these guys have not been indicted (yet) is because they are cooperating with the DOJ investigation.

I find it hard to believe that they did not suspect the money was coming from Russia...

This is just like with the Trump Campaign and the Mueller Report. It was clear that Russian agents had made contact with the Trump campaign and tried to influence it in a pro-Russia direction. It wasn't clear whether the Trump campaign officials interacting with Russian intelligence agents were knowingly doing so or were just such complete morons that they didn't realize they were being manipulated by foreign intelligence operatives.

This is just like with the Trump Campaign and the Mueller Report. It was clear that Russian agents had made contact with the Trump campaign and tried to influence it in a pro-Russia direction. It wasn't clear whether the Trump campaign officials interacting with Russian intelligence agents were knowingly doing so or were just such complete morons that they didn't realize they were being manipulated by foreign intelligence operatives.
The Trump Tower meeting ?
Trump's campaign manager,Paul Manafort, passing polling data to a Russian operative, Konstantin Kilimnik ?
Russia if you're listening ?

It seems to me that Trump and his campaign knew who were they were dealing with and understood that Russia was working on their behalf. It appears it was more an unholy alliance than a case of morons being unknowingly manipulated.

Back