Second Failed Assassination Attempt on Trump

Brit Hume needs to be put out to pasture. How any self-respecting newsman -- or even self-disrespecting ones -- could author that absurd tweet is beyond me. Susan Collins should step aside; there's a no king of the Both Sides now.

Tell you what Coach.

I’ll totally support a military protection detail of Trump on one condition. Between now and Nov 5, the only statements (verbal or social media) he makes are exclusively about his policies and how they’ll better the lives of all Americans. Nothing negative about his opponent, just how his plans on Day 1 will make our country better. And actual plans…not concepts of a plan.

yeah, i remember reading years ago about the fact that his constant travel to his clubs and other relatively unsafe places and very public outings and unsanctioned/unsecured public events were unbelievably costly and straining on the secret service, much moreso than any other president in history.

he's a cocky idiot.

They ran this playbook after the last attempt and it died in like 3-4 days. We’ll have moved on by Thursday.

Sorry Donald, but I just don’t think anyone really cares.
Yeah, he was wounded (apparently) in the first shooting attempt and his supporters bragged afterwards that the incident had just won them the election, but people had forgotten about it and moved on within a week. My guess is this won't move the needle either, and we'll be talking about something else within a few days.

Last edited:

This is rich. Having the Trumper Right calling out anybody for "ridiculous and inflammatory rhetoric" is truly like being called ugly by a frog. They're the definition of inflammatory and vile rhetoric - as Vance's own rhetoric on Springfield proves.

ETA: I just saw where Trump has yet again called Kamala a "Marxist Communist." That's perfectly fine, but we can't (accurately) call Trump a fascist. And so the double standard continues.

Last edited:

But he is, and is supporters are okay with it. They even tried to have an insurrection when he lost to overturn the election results. And the rhetoric isn't why two people have tried taking a shot at him. The first one was a nut just trying to get attention and become famous. The second one voted for Trump and then saw himself how awful he was and wanted to get rid of him for another Pub to take over, not because he supported Harris.

And I guess they are just going to forget about Jan 6. Trying to overturn election results because you want a country only for white, straight Christian nationalists is worse to me than someone taking a shot at Trump. And the Pubs still supporting Trump are supporting the person responsible for it because they are okay with fascism, too, if it gets them the kind of nation they want.

JD Vance also blaming Dems for calling out lies (that Vance calls “vigorous debate”) which he maintains is censorship that causes people to try to kill Republicans …

Matt Yglesias pointing out this absolute absurdity from the Forsyth County GOP (hooray NC!):

Just a perfect encapsulation of the modern GOP. Not a care in the world whether an absurd factual statement is true or not; all that matters to them is that it FEELS like it COULD be true.

Putting this novel-length tweet in two threads because it is a pretty insane roadmap to the argument Trump/Vance are making now …

IMG_2843.jpegIMG_2844.jpegIMG_2845.jpegIMG_2846.jpegIMG_2847.jpegIMG_2848.jpeg

Back