Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
Three of the top 6 NBA draft picks this year were from France, none of them were on this team. So they should stay good.

I just want to sincerely say thank you to the right for so freely giving the Olympics, the most American event in existence, over to the left. I hope we will not be returning it in our lifetime.

USA has plenty of medals in random individual sports too. Especially silvers and bronzes to run up the overall medal count.

Swimming and track especially have SO many medals and many of them in very similar events. I agree with you that it’s silly to discount the one medal that the volleyball team can win but some swimmer can get 7 or 8 medals by doing slightly different distances of the same race plus a couple relays.
Yeah, this is why medal count means nothing. There's one gold medal for men's basketball. There's also a 10m airgun event and a 25m airgun event (and perhaps other distances). Why? What is the difference in skill between a 10m shot and a 25m shot?

Yeah, this is why medal count means nothing. There's one gold medal for men's basketball. There's also a 10m airgun event and a 25m airgun event (and perhaps other distances). Why? What is the difference in skill between a 10m shot and a 25m shot?
They should have a 3 pt contest Gold
A Dunk contest Gold

Giving the game of basketball more opps for Medals.

Great day overall, but China somehow got 6 golds and is now 1 ahead of us. Women's b-ball plays for gold tomorrow. Will we have a few other chances? There aren't that many events before closing ceremonies.

Great day overall, but China somehow got 6 golds and is now 1 ahead of us. Women's b-ball plays for gold tomorrow. Will we have a few other chances? There aren't that many events before closing ceremonies.
Women’s Volleyball ball too.

Some were boycotting because they didn’t like the opening ceremonies
This^
Plus some other bits about hating on LGBT etc. etc.
The usual hate stuff the right simply can’t let go of.
Plus Snoop etc. etc. the typical racist stuff.
The right hasn’t really embraced the Olympics anyway for a couple decades. Probably not since Greg Louganis and “Bruce” Jenner.

Back