Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
They humiliated one woman already by how the handled it and now going to do it to another because of 4 damn seconds?

Corrupt and disgusting

Great day overall, but China somehow got 6 golds and is now 1 ahead of us. Women's b-ball plays for gold tomorrow. Will we have a few other chances? There aren't that many events before closing ceremonies.
China made a late charge because they swept all 8 diving events and then won gold in 5 of the 6 weight classes of women’s boxing. All of those events are in the last few days.

Any comments on the 4x400 relays?

The men's finish was intense

The women ...LMFAO our ladies made the rest look stupid
The Dutch Women posted the 7th fastest 4x400m relay time ever; the British posted the 8th; the Irish the 10th.

The world record is 1/10 of a second faster than US Women ran. It’s held by the Soviet Women - set in 1988. The 3rd fastest is the East German team in 1984. Fifth fastest is Russia in 1993. Good chance the Soviets, East Germans, and Russians were ‘roiding.

That’s how fast the US Women ran.

The Dutch Women posted the 7th fastest 4x400m relay time ever; the British posted the 8th; the Irish the 10th.

The world record is 1/10 of a second faster than US Women ran. It’s held by the Soviet Women - set in 1988. The 3rd fastest is the East German team in 1984. Fifth fastest is Russia in 1993. Good chance the Soviets, East Germans, and Russians were ‘roiding.

Oh they were roiding!
💯

A photo of the woman from the then Czechoslovakia as she crosses the finish line in her still standing world record time for the 800 meters in 1983. That a pretty ripped body for a woman.

A photo of the woman from the then Czechoslovakia as she crosses the finish line in her still standing world record time for the 800 meters in 1983. That a pretty ripped body Screenshot_20220916-083928_Samsung Internet.jpg

They should have a 3 pt contest Gold
A Dunk contest Gold

Giving the game of basketball more opps for Medals.
Coming back to this

I actually was telling one of my friends this not too long ago. I suggested expanding the 5x5 and 3x3 to also include:
2 on 2
1 on 1
Slam dunk
3 point shootout
HORSE
Free throw shooting

That might put basketball in the same stratosphere as swimming and track, as far as how many potential medals someone can win.

Coming back to this

I actually was telling one of my friends this not too long ago. I suggested expanding the 5x5 and 3x3 to also include:
2 on 2
1 on 1
Slam dunk
3 point shootout
HORSE
Free throw shooting

That might put basketball in the same stratosphere as swimming and track, as far as how many potential medals someone can win.
For team sports each athletes medal should count in the total.

Coming back to this

2 on 2
1 on 1
Slam dunk
3 point shootout
HORSE
Free throw shooting

China’s reaction to that would be to take guys who can’t play basketball at all, but train them extensively on the skill of shooting undefended shots, or training high jumpers to dunk a basketball. They specialize in training individuals intensely in individual endeavors to rack up medals.

Yeah, this is why medal count means nothing. There's one gold medal for men's basketball. There's also a 10m airgun event and a 25m airgun event (and perhaps other distances). Why? What is the difference in skill between a 10m shot and a 25m shot?
15m

USA has 1/3 more total medals. I get that people want golds but it’s always bothered me that gold seems to be how the contest is measured without considering that the total medal count is a runaway.
Yeah, it’d be1 thing if China had 10 or 15 more golds but we had more total medals. When they only have 1 more golds and we have30 more medals, I feel comfortable saying that the US athletes were the standout team.

Back