Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
Good energy from the USA early on. Shots not falling from outside but the effort and passion appears to be there.

Looks like a blowout in the making, IMO.
After watching the semifinal, I would imagine most people who are familiar with basketball knew what would happen in the final.

Serbia was the one chance to eliminate USA and our guys escaped. I don’t think France is a balanced enough team to really stay in it all the way.

After watching the semifinal, I would imagine most people who are familiar with basketball knew what would happen in the final.

Serbia was the one chance to eliminate USA and our guys escaped. I don’t think France is a balanced enough team to really stay in it all the way.
Not yet, maybe. I think France has an incredibly bright future. This Alex Sarr fellow who was just drafted -- he looks like a defensive terror on the interior. He doesn't score much, but if you play him at 5 and Wemby at 4, how is anyone gonna score?

I personally think the medal count needs to be somehow revised to account for the relative size of the team. I know it is self serving but it just doesn't seem the same for what the soccer, basketball, volleyball etc teams go through over the course of the games to be the same as break dancing, table tennis or balance beam. China clearly has a plan and goal to load up on the niche sports because they want to 'win' the gold medal count.
East Germany would focus on individual sports for that reason.

I know Kerr wants to keep Curry on the floor, but he’s off today. 2-6 with one of the makes being a very generous roll.

Boom. Curry just hit one. Flood gates may open now

(Edited to say, this didn’t post 3 minutes ago like I thought)

After being 3-16 from 3 in the first half, France was 4-5 in the 3rd quarter. Lead down to 6 going into the 4th.

Back