Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
How are they on to the semifinals on day one?
They’ve been playing two games a day for several days preceding the Opening Ceremonies…

A dominant Fiji team faces France for the gold later today per NYT.

Last edited:
How good of shape must these women water polo players be in? Not just treading water so long, leg kicks to rise up for shots or passes. They are battling under water for position. Then after every change of possession, they have to race to other end to get in position.

How long could you stay in the game nyc?

My favorite events to watch:

Archery
Weightlifting
Handball
Diving
Boxing
Fencing

There’s a couple of fencing medal rounds this afternoon and I believe archery starts tomorrow.

Also caught some canoe slalom this morning and that was incredibly impressive. I love seeing these random sports that are never on tv.

How good of shape must these women water polo players be in? Not just treading water so long, leg kicks to rise up for shots or passes. They are battling under water for position. Then after every change of possession, they have to race to other end to get in position.

How long could you stay in the game nyc?
Ha! These days, maybe 5 minutes?

“… Elika died in the athletes’ Olympic Village, the Samoa Association of Sport and National Olympic Committee (SASNOC) said in a statement. SASNOC did not release an official cause of death. …”

People really lost their shit about the opening ceremony. That last supper bit was a small part...getting outsized attention.

In field hockey, the USA is losing 2-0 at halftime to Argentina. That’s not a big surprise. Argentina is, I think, ranked #2 in the world.

The USA would sure benefit from a dynamic scorer, though …

Back