Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
Gold medal match starting in women's team archery. It is crazy how dominant South Korea is in this event - both men's and women's. Mexico just won their first ever archery medal in the bronze medal match over Netherlands.

Love how intense these matches are.

South Korea wins by 1 in the shoot-off over China. The Koreans have now won the gold in all 10 Olympics this has been contested.

Fencing medal rounds coming up soon in Women's foil. USA has a competitor in each semifinal.

At damn near 40 years of age LeBron James is still the man out there.
I know this disappoints a lot of people.

People really lost their shit about the opening ceremony. That last supper bit was a small part...getting outsized attention.
Maga and evangelicals lost their **** because they’re ignorant- which surprises no one

The headless woman was Marie Antoinette. She ruled over France and was found guilty of treason, conspiracy, and stealing from the country. 👀 🍊

Also, it was not the Last Supper. It was a depiction of an Ancient Greek Bacchanal… because, you know, the Olympics are ancient and Greek. Surprise!

And if you didn’t know, a Bacchanalia is an uncontrollably promiscuous, extravagant, and loud party. The parties often spanned several days which honored the god of wine, Bacchus (the blue guy covered in grape vine). He is also known as Dionysus, the Greek god of fertility, later known as the god of wine and pleasure.

And finally, it was not Death on a pale horse. It was Sequana, Goddess of the Seine, the River in which the boat precession took place. She was meant to be the representation of the Olympic spirit and of Sequana. ~ MarLa Francis

“Paris is back on its feet, jubilant, flamboyant, creative and open. Free,” - Thomas Jolly, the artistic director.

At damn near 40 years of age LeBron James is still the man out there.
I know this disappoints a lot of people.
As stated on the old board, I have never been a huge Bron fan (not to say I don’t like him as an individual, or never respected his awesomeness on the court) but the man deserves his props and he is the leader of this USA squad. Get the ball to James and clear out.

How good of shape must these women water polo players be in? Not just treading water so long, leg kicks to rise up for shots or passes. They are battling under water for position. Then after every change of possession, they have to race to other end to get in position.

How long could you stay in the game nyc?
I played water polo for 6 years. It is absolutely brutal. What happens underneath the surface would get you arrested for assault.

the rifles in Air rifle are some crazy looking , for lack of a better word, weapons.

Also I knew we were getting old when we had a prolonged conversation about why the women's diving uniforms, are... um... so skimpy these days.

Back