Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
USA falls 4-1 to Argentina in field hockey. They still have several more pool games to play.

And left probably the best player in the world off the roster.
She’s the best player in the United States. American field hockey is way behind Netherlands, Argentina, Australia, and Germany. The USA only has one Olympic bronze medal (1984) and one World Cup bronze medal (1994). It has missed two of the last four World Cups.

Erin Matson was a GREAT college field hockey player; she’s not the best in the world.

How good of shape must these women water polo players be in? Not just treading water so long, leg kicks to rise up for shots or passes. They are battling under water for position. Then after every change of possession, they have to race to other end to get in position.

How long could you stay in the game nyc

How good of shape must these women water polo players be in? Not just treading water so long, leg kicks to rise up for shots or passes. They are battling under water for position. Then after every change of possession, they have to race to other end to get in position.

How long could you stay in the game nyc?
Th daughter of a friend of mine was a high level player ( Harvard, 3rd team AA). She has teammates on this Olympic team. He was telling me about her workouts, basically just lived in the pool. Insane.

Team USA had a rocky start yesterday, losing to France 0-3 in soccer & losing to Fiji 12-38 in Rugby Sevens.

But we did tie France 12-12 in Rugby Sevens — I guess you play twice in a day? Seems brutal.
Each half is only 7 minutes long

Broady Malone just can't get it together in Men's Gymnastics, but Fredrick Richard is a bad ass.

Broady Malone just can't get it together in Men's Gymnastics, but Fredrick Richard is a bad ass.
I have always had an an aversion to Gymnasticts . Figure skating , and some other events in the Olympics . One mistake OOOPS

USA had top 3 finishers in the all-around prelims early this morning, but only two per country get to advance to the individual all-around medal round.

Journalists bragging.
Reporter #1 "My company is sending me to Paris for the Olympics"
Reporter #2: "That is great. I put in for Paris but got sent to Tahiti for the surfing as a consolation gig."

Back