The Dearly Departed Board

• Thread starter Thread starter UNCMSinLS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 122
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 
Feel free to not answer this question in a public forum but at present, the 247 software doesn't allow you guys to see anything about a user except for the email they registered with, correct?

You can't tie multiple accounts to IPs, other emails, etc.?
As a mod, I couldn't see nearly anything by the end.

The admins could see a lot more and we had to run things up the ladder to them when issues arose.

Is the only person that can unban somewhere there the mod that banned them? I never understood why I was banned from the whole site by a mod on the basketball board with my CF name and SCH username when I tried using that one.
Any mod can ban and any mod can edit/delete any ban.

But 247 removed the ability to provide board-specific bans, which was a terrible development. So you're either banned on all of a site's boards or none. It sucked.

If Snoop ever gets released from custody, he'll have to give us the skinny of the inner workings from inside the joint.
He will never leave, he loves the power.

He's already edited a post of mine on the ZZL for being "Political". BS.

All I said was that inflation has many variables and can't be blamed on the current administration.

But 247 removed the ability to provide board-specific bans, which was a terrible development. So you're either banned on all of a site's boards or none. It sucked.
Have you turned in your resignation?

He will never leave, he loves the power.

He's already edited a post of mine on the ZZL for being "Political". BS.

All I said was that inflation has many variables and can't be blamed on the current administration.
I don't know. Stating "inflation has many variables and can't be blamed on the current administration (emphasis mine and mine alone)" kind of cries out for a rebuttal which is likely to be political. It is a fine line and it probably means ZZL is going to go the way of ZZLP because so many topics have a political connection. Even those topics that aren't political at all routinely get dragged into the abyss by those itching for a fight. Hell, I've seen hobby boards descend into political pie fights.

I wonder if even the sports boards will survive today's aggressive political talk. NIL, conference realignment, transfer portals, and more power in the control of athletes don't sit well with many "politically active" sports fans. I predict they will be unable to restrain themselves.

Well, that is dumb. 247 sucks.

So, you could unban me there?

I don't know. Stating "inflation has many variables and can't be blamed on the current administration (emphasis mine and mine alone)" kind of cries out for a rebuttal which is likely to be political. It is a fine line and it probably means ZZL is going to go the way of ZZLP because so many topics have a political connection. Even those topics that aren't political at all routinely get dragged into the abyss by those itching for a fight. Hell, I've seen hobby boards descend into political pie fights.

I wonder if even the sports boards will survive today's aggressive political talk. NIL, conference realignment, transfer portals, and more power in the control of athletes don't sit well with many "politically active" sports fans. I predict they will be unable to restrain themselves.
I wonder if he would have edited had i said Any Administration?

My point was that inflation has many non political causes.

You know sometimes you reasonable people bug me. 😁 :cool:

Just let me be reactionary and irrational.

I wonder if he would have edited had i said Any Administration?

My point was that inflation has many non political causes.
I take your point and probably agree with you concerning inflation. But, I have a hunch that if you polled 1,000 random adults, over half would disagree with us. Poll 1,000 Trump voters and that number would likely climb over 90%. How many of those MAGA respondents would then remain silent about their inflation views on a message board? Based on my experience on various message boards ... nearly zero percent.

Why wouldn't you just unban him? What the hell do you care?
3-4, 5 or more aliases (a big board no-no)?

The mods decide as a group to ban; it’s not one mod who bans.

Not wanting to undermine the other mods by unbanning one banned poaster without consulting the other mods?

Not wanting to be a dick to the other mods?

Back