The Dearly Departed Board

• Thread starter Thread starter UNCMSinLS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 122
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 
I don't know. Stating "inflation has many variables and can't be blamed on the current administration (emphasis mine and mine alone)" kind of cries out for a rebuttal which is likely to be political. It is a fine line and it probably means ZZL is going to go the way of ZZLP because so many topics have a political connection. Even those topics that aren't political at all routinely get dragged into the abyss by those itching for a fight. Hell, I've seen hobby boards descend into political pie fights.

I wonder if even the sports boards will survive today's aggressive political talk. NIL, conference realignment, transfer portals, and more power in the control of athletes don't sit well with many "politically active" sports fans. I predict they will be unable to restrain themselves.
Also some people have a very broad view of what political means. I recall before the ZZLP split that certain posters would always claim a thread was political when it was only political in their mind.

Retirement cannot come soon enough.
Retirement GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER
Retirement GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER440 × 330

Feel free to not answer this question in a public forum but at present, the 247 software doesn't allow you guys to see anything about a user except for the email they registered with, correct?

You can't tie multiple accounts to IPs, other emails, etc.?
mods can't even see the email registration. I believe people with publisher access can. I had admin access level on scout, but they took that away on 247. I think on scout it was like Global admin, publisher, admin, moderator. They took out that admin tier entirely on 247. And it wasn't a case of that it didn't exist at the time of migration. They removed that level after the move as I used to have access to more message board controls at the time of the migration without access to any of the publishing tools. Think it happened when they removed some features like individual thread bans. If a person was causing trouble on just one topic, you could ban them from that thread, without affecting anything else. I forgot what other tools we had/ Publishers may still have them. I have no idea.

mods can't even see the email registration. I believe people with publisher access can. I had admin access level on scout, but they took that away on 247. I think on scout it was like Global admin, publisher, admin, moderator. They took out that admin tier entirely on 247. And it wasn't a case of that it didn't exist at the time of migration. They removed that level after the move as I used to have access to more message board controls at the time of the migration without access to any of the publishing tools. Think it happened when they removed some features like individual thread bans. If a person was causing trouble on just one topic, you could ban them from that thread, without affecting anything else. I forgot what other tools we had/ Publishers may still have them. I have no idea.

Just curious, do you think the deletion of zzl and its traffic is going to have an impact on the profitability of IC? Should we start a gofundme for Sherell?

I take your point and probably agree with you concerning inflation. But, I have a hunch that if you polled 1,000 random adults, over half would disagree with us. Poll 1,000 Trump voters and that number would likely climb over 90%. How many of those MAGA respondents would then remain silent about their inflation views on a message board? Based on my experience on various message boards ... nearly zero percent.
The post was quoted by another poster so I was able to get the original post content. See below.

10 years.

Yet people want to blame everything on the current administration.

When will people understand that there are so many factors outside of politics?

Why do people choose to be moderators?

Are you compensated in any way?

Why wouldn't you just unban him? What the hell do you care?
Zoo covered it pretty well.

Also, CF's ban started on the sports boards. The sports boards mod decisions have long taken precedent over the ZZL/P mod decisions.

Why do people choose to be moderators?

Are you compensated in any way?
We're not compensated, although due to the way the board is set up our accounts get free access to VIP info/boards.

I don't know why others chose to be mods. Besides the fact that me being a mod started as a joke that was taken seriously, I did it because there was a need for mods and so I volunteered. It has benefits and disadvantages, although neither are terribly serious as long as you keep a decent perspective on it.

We're not compensated, although due to the way the board is set up our accounts get free access to VIP info/boards.

I don't know why others chose to be mods. Besides the fact that me being a mod started as a joke that was taken seriously, I did it because there was a need for mods and so I volunteered. It has benefits and disadvantages, although neither are terribly serious as long as you keep a decent perspective on it.
I use to spend volunteer time going into Prisons-my volunteer job was easier than yours........

Just curious, do you think the deletion of zzl and its traffic is going to have an impact on the profitability of IC? Should we start a gofundme for Sherell?
I honestly have no concept of the figures involved in the revenue stream. I know it led to a bunch of cancellations. In theory it was somewhat motivated as a move to prevent other cancellations. Not sure if they break even in the cancellation vs hypothetical cancellation department

I honestly have no concept of the figures involved in the revenue stream. I know it led to a bunch of cancellations. In theory it was somewhat motivated as a move to prevent other cancellations. Not sure if they break even in the cancellation vs hypothetical cancellation department
It's still worth it to me. It doesn't cost that much and you get free Paramount+ and lots of BB information.
Now if they stop including Paramount+, I will have to reconsider.
Honestly, I hope it doesn't hurt them.

On that subject, I saw in the news Paramount is laying off 15% of its workforce.

Paramount has identified $500 million in cost savings, which include the head count reductions, as part of $2 billion in synergies related to its transaction with Skydance. The job cuts, which will begin in the coming weeks and largely conclude by year end, will target the company’s marketing and communications department and employees who work in finance, legal, technology and other support functions, the company said during its earnings conference call Thursday.

They'd also hired bankers to figure out what they could sell off. Wonder if 247 will ever find themselves in that category.

On that subject, I saw in the news Paramount is laying off 15% of its workforce.

They'd also hired bankers to figure out what they could sell off. Wonder if 247 will ever find themselves in that category.

I believe Universal was a potential suitor for buying Paramount within the last couple of years. Maybe a future streaming deal for 247 members will include Peacock.

I might consider a personal purchase if they let me do Tom Cruise's stunts in the next "Mission: Impossible" movie. :cool:

Back