The Music Thread

So far, I’m not seeing anything that much resonates with me. I’m a musical product of the 1980s and 1990s, technically, but I rarely listen to anything from back then on purpose.

What I do listen to is:

Car Seat Headrest
Cherry Glazerr
Wolf Alice
Sleigh Bells
Run the Jewels
The Last Dinner Party
Grouplove
Parquet Courts
Bleachers
Chvrches
Grimes
Phantogram
The Decemberists
M.I.A.
Silversun Pickups
Santigold
You’d like English Teacher then.

I love CSH but I do wish he’d write and release some new music.
Me, too. I listen to Making a Door Less Open more than anything else right now, and I really need more.

And you’re the first person on any music thread anywhere who’s ever actually responded to anything I’ve posed about CSH. Been my favorite band for nearly the past decade.

Last edited:
Daughter and I went to see Pink and Sheryl Crow last week. Sheryl might be the best looking 60+ yr old on the planet and sounded great.

Pink puts on a really great stadium show. I knew more of the songs than I thought I would and she has a great band.

My son and I saw Jason lsbell at a club earlier the summer. Awesome show.
I saw Sheryl Crow at bonnaroo last year. I completely agree with your assessment.

bonnaroo wore my a$$ out, but Foo Fighters, Kendrick Lamar, My Morning Jacket, Umphey's McGee, etc. I saw 26 shows in 4 days. My favorite may have been Christone "Kingfish" Ingram.

Me, too. I listen to Making a Door Less Open more than anything else right now, and I really need more.

And you’re the first person on any music thread anywhere who’s ever actually responded to anything I’ve posed about CSH. Been my favorite band for nearly the past decade.
They’re a great band and I love his songwriting. But it seems like he’s dropped out somewhat since MADLO.

They’re a great band and I love his songwriting. But it seems like he’s dropped out somewhat since MADLO.
Agree. And they canceled a lot of shows in 2022. Feels like he’s got a lot going on right now that’s not conducive to making music, and I wonder if he’ll put anything out again.

Some of you other olds probably remember Chuck E.s in Love by Rickey Lee Jones. Did you ever know who she was referencing?

If I recall, a friend who fell in love with a cousin or something. She was dating Tom Waits.

The girl I was dating at the time loved to throw it in my brother Chuck's face as he was with his soon to be wife.

Speaking of Waits

Back