The Music Thread

My father had me listening to Prine and Robert Earl Keen by the time I was old enough to walk. I listened to Green Day and Nirvana in elementary school, OutKast and Tupac in middle school and Eminem in high school. Started to appreciate Petty and Cash in college, and discovered Isbell and Sturgill during COVID. Today I listen to all of the above. Sturgill’s latest is probably #1 in my playlist now.

I've discovered a genre that I was unaware of that greatly intrigues me. Apparently in Europe , electroswing and variants is a big thing. It's a mix of old style swing and jazz, electronica and a smidgeon of this and a dab or that. The Parov Stelar thing I linked above is a prime example but possibly more normal than a lot. I think it's the mixture of nostalgia and creativity that appeals. Swing and big band was the soundtrack for all the Silly Symphony and Merry Melody cartoons I grew up watching and some of this music is just (at least to me) fun. I'm gonna link a few. They'll range for over the top covers to new expressions of old ideas. Just for kicks,, I'll try to remember country of origin because I'm fascinated by how widespread this is.

Let's start with a couple from Italy.

I may post more later. Would appreciate feedback, including telling me to quit being a nuisance. (although good luck with that.)

I may post more later. Would appreciate feedback, including telling me to quit being a nuisance. (although good luck with that.)
Thanks for the examples. I too grew up with the loony toons/Saturday morning cartoons and these do remind me of those times. Will have to check out this genre as I really enjoyed what you linked.

Always been a patsy for that sort of blended music starting with John Mayall's Jazz Blues Fusion. Since I'm bored, stoned and still drinking coffee I might post some of my favorites of the type.

Sorry about the double post. I'll have to remember to preview or learn how to delete.

Back