The Music Thread

Well, I think I have all the songs I have liked on Spotify down to 7120 favorites, being favorite songs or by favorite artists

Saw Chapel Hill native Porter Robinson put on an absolutely epic show in Charlotte on Wednesday night. If anyone likes really good electro pop music, he’s fantastic.

That's one of my all time favorite albums. This is maybe the one that spoke to me most at the time since I was a preacher's stepson and that was the year I had to register for the draft.

Did you see them when they were at the Arts Center in Carrboro about a decade ago. Three or four of us went. It was kind of funny hearing some of the Canadian students talk about seeing them in such a small venue. They're pretty much a stadium act in Canada. I don't know how many Junos they've won.

Needless to say, I'm a fan.

Here's someone else who's been flying under the radar for a long time while making a lot of good music, first with Green on Red, on his own and teaming up a lot with Alejandro Escovedo.

Speaking of music, I learned what a septet is today.

Mowing the yard today and I set Spotify to play a '90's playlist. Lots of memories and songs that I've not listened to in a long time.

Speaking of music, I learned what a septet is today.

Mowing the yard today and I set Spotify to play a '90's playlist. Lots of memories and songs that I've not listened to in a long time.
Does that mean you are also needing education about octets and nonets?

I wouldn't normally recommend the Peter Brotzmann Octet to most people, but then again, IIRC you dig Napalm Death . . . Not saying that you'll like Machine Gun but there's a chance

Back