This guy sez: 10 worst places to live in NC

• Thread starter Thread starter donbosco
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 135
  • Views: 2K
Bro, you left when you were 3? I knew you didn”t smell like Robco.

Jortsforall in a previous life.
Hey now! I spent pretty much every other weekend of my childhood in Robeson County through the age of 18, and spent weeks at a time there during the summers when I was a kid staying with my grandparents, every holiday, etc. As I said, virtually my entire extended family still lives there: 11 aunts and uncles on my biological father’s side, six aunts and uncles on my mom’s side, and 62 cousins. I went years and years without seeing my biological father between the ages of 2 and around 12, but still spent a ton of time- as in, multiple weekends per month, down in RobCo.

By the way, really glad to see you on this new board. I was hoping you would make it over here.

Agree with this. I lived in Greenville for four years while my wife was in medical school at East Carolina. I will say that I deeply enjoyed those four years, but not because Greenville is nice (it isn’t) but because we and our group of medical school friends/classmates all lived together in the same apartment complex across from the medical school and those folks are probably the closest friends we have to this day. So I’m sure Greenville is fun if you are a college or professional school person, but as you said I see zero appeal to it otherwise- besides being close in proximity to the Holy Mecca of The Greatest Barbecue In The World, Ayden, NC!
yeah, don't get me wrong i've had a lot of fun in greenville over the years - too many friends to count went to ECU for undergrad/grad school.

and the hospital is decent and overall ECU and the hospital are boons for ENC which is a region that i care about deeply.

but it is really not a nice place. not aesthetically appealing, lots of crime, very very little in the arts/culture/food department.....

proximity to B's and skylight inn are truly the highlights, lol.

If you got off 421 (old 40) around US 52 I could maybe see what you are describing. I have no idea where that would be off of regular I-40. Maybe off 109/south Main area but that's not a get off the highway for food or bathroom exit. Other exits off I-40 in Winston to restaurants, gas, etc. are Silas Creek Parkway, Peters Creek Parkway, Hanes Mall Blvd, and Stratford Road. That's it. None of those remotely match what you are describing.
Yeah it doesn’t even make sense.

And again, W-S doesn’t belong on any such list. It’s about as laughable as someone judging a place based on one random bathroom visit on a road trip.

Yeah it doesn’t even make sense.

And again, W-S doesn’t belong on any such list. It’s about as laughable as someone judging a place based on one random bathroom visit on a road trip.

The entire list is laughable. I doubt the person who made it has spent much time in any of the places he listed. He's just a random influencer so I'm don't think his list is even credible in the first place.

Believe it was off NC-150.
That's Peters Creek Parkway. I'm over there plenty and used to work very nearby. I get gas at the Shell there all the time and our favorite hibachi place is right there as well. Still no clue where you would have gone around there to find all these locked bathrooms.

That's Peters Creek Parkway. I'm over there plenty and used to work very nearby. I get gas at the Shell there all the time and our favorite hibachi place is right there as well. Still no clue where you would have gone around there to find all these locked bathrooms.
If my memory serves correctly we tried a burger joint (McDonald's maybe?), a gas station, and a Bojangles and struck out on all three. Ended up going another exit down the road to a Jesus Chicken joint near Wake Forest I believe.

If my memory serves correctly we tried a burger joint (McDonald's maybe?), a gas station, and a Bojangles and struck out on all three. Ended up going another exit down the road to a Jesus Chicken joint near Wake Forest I believe.
There is a nice, relatively newly rebuilt McDonald's at that exit right beside a Honda dealership. I know the operator. I less he had changed them recently, it doesn't have locked bathrooms. To get to the Bojangles (also newly built about 5 years ago) you would have to go into the other direction and pass a Taco Bell, a new Biscuitville, KFC, an IHOP, a Subway, and Burger King before coming to the Bojangles several stoplights away. I-40 isn't anywhere close to Wake Forest. Are you sure this was in Winston-Salem?

There is a nice, relatively newly rebuilt McDonald's at that exit right beside a Honda dealership. I know the operator. I less he had changed them recently, it doesn't have locked bathrooms. To get to the Bojangles (also newly built about 5 years ago) you would have to go into the other direction and pass a Taco Bell, a new Biscuitville, KFC, an IHOP, a Subway, and Burger King before coming to the Bojangles several stoplights away. I-40 isn't anywhere close to Wake Forest. Are you sure this was in Winston-Salem?

Yup, positive. Even used Google Maps street view to confirm that I was talking about the right place. And I know it is unfair to judge a city based on one stretch...it was just something I had never seen before and I have been to some rough areas.

Yup, positive. Even used Google Maps street view to confirm that I was talking about the right place. And I know it is unfair to judge a city based on one stretch...it was just something I had never seen before and I have been to some rough areas.
That's really odd...

I was stationed at Camp LeJeune. Whoever made this list has obviously never been to J-Vegas.
My dad was a JAG at Camp LeJeune in the late 70s (I was born in the old naval hospital) and lived in Jville until 91 when we moved to VA

The Old Drift and the apparent recent update is obviously the reason Jville doesn't make the list! 😅

I don't know either, we stopped off of I-40 in Winston Salem and it was one of the worst places I have been to in North Carolina, and I have been to RobCo so that is saying a lot. I'm sure there are nice parts too but I have never experienced the locked restroom thing before.
I’ve been to nearly every restaurant in Winston Salem and have never once had to enter a code, so I’m calling BS. Which exit?

Fayetteville is great now, not sure why it is even on the list. The only people still hating on Fayetteville are those who haven't been since the 1980s and still fall for old stereotypes. Has a great minor league ballpark downtown, downtown has been completely turned around and has great restaurants, breweries, festivals, etc. Also has lots of beautiful historic and safe neighborhoods that are still affordable.
Wait you live in Fayetteville and are ragging on Winston-Salem? LMAO

Back