Trump at Nat’l Assoc. of Black Journalists (NABJ)

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 536
  • Views: 8K
you guys are unreal. I guess it’s totally fine to have transgenders read to kids and have their teachers encourage gender switching. And you wonder why people like trump. If you guys weren’t so insane, trump wouldn’t exist as he does.
It is perfectly fine to have drag queens read to kids, especially at a volunteer function like a library. What are you, a sociopath? Drag Queens are entertainers.

ENC is trying to hijack the thread and make it something NOT about the subject at hand. Trump figuratively just poured a gallon of gasoline all over his fat arse and flicked his bic. Period. Recall all the days and hours of handwringing and contortions everybody did after the Biden debate debacle? Well now Trump gets a taste of this same thing. ENC is just trying to deflect and derail.

Yeah. It would be much better for America collectively if Trump were to drop out of the race, but selfishly I am really giddy at the prospect of getting to spend the next 3 months watching the Trump campaign sink like the Titanic. We are watching it in real time right before our eyes. If someone had told you, two weeks ago today, that the entire election would have done a complete 180 on a dime like this, you'd have had them committed. This is truly an incredible sight to behold.
Nah. I totally would have believed it because (1) that happens in elections all the time and (2) I said that is exactly what would happen when Biden dropped out.

I'm pretty certain he was just trying to open the water for himself, possibly failing, or realizing it wasn't his water. I don't think it was a power move or something.
I am all for making this all about Trump being too weak to open a screw top lid, or intentionally trying to tighten the lid so the "mean journalist" couldn't get it back open. Either one works for me, as long as this continues to be blasted over the twitterverse.

you guys are unreal. I guess it’s totally fine to have transgenders read to kids and have their teachers encourage gender switching. And you wonder why people like trump. If you guys weren’t so insane, trump wouldn’t exist as he does.
Yes, it is obviously totally fine for people who are transgender to "read to kids." Why wouldn't that be OK? Why should it be any more problematic for transgender people to read to kids than anyone else?

As for "have their teachers encourage gender switching" that has nothing to do with anything in my post you were responding to, and besides that is almost entirely made up outside of maybe a couple isolated incidents. There is no one in any position of power promoting a policy of requiring teachers to promote or encourage gender switching. Just typical right-wing agitprop BS meant to invent a problem that doesn't exist and use it to to discriminate against communities different from their own.

Nah. I totally would have believed it because (1) that happens in elections all the time and (2) I said that is exactly what would happen when Biden dropped out.
I hear ya, and you may have said that, but I don't think anyone- not even Democratic leadership or campaign personnel- could have envisioned *this* type of instantaneous consolidation and momentum. I think it has pleasantly surprised even the most optimistic of folks on the left.

The solution to ENC is the ignore button. No need to ban unless you enjoyed humiliating him/her/they/it
I realize I'm doing what I'm talking about but just as a note, the ignore function does work great but if everyone in a thread starts talking about a person that is not to their liking, then you ultimately can't ignore someone because they aren't talking or being quoted by people you ignore. Sooooo while I understand the reality of forums and posters desires to correct someone, admonish them, hope for their banning, etc. it's best to just ignore them if you don't like them, report them if something is over the line (don't hesitate to report if you're unsure), but otherwise move on and talk about the topic at hand. Again, I know it's not always that easy.

We're kind of seeing how the sausage gets made and the drama of differing opinions and all that.

I realize I'm doing what I'm talking about but just as a note, the ignore function does work great but if everyone in a thread starts talking about a person that is not to their liking, then you ultimately can't ignore someone because they aren't talking or being quoted by people you ignore. Sooooo while I understand the reality of forums and posters desires to correct someone, admonish them, hope for their banning, etc. it's best to just ignore them if you don't like them, report them if something is over the line (don't hesitate to report if you're unsure), but otherwise move on and talk about the topic at hand. Again, I know it's not always that easy.

We're kind of seeing how the sausage gets made and the drama of differing opinions and all that.
Yes, understood. And yes, ignore function works great so far

To me the most damning comment trump made isn't even being mentioned. 'i respect either one but obviously she doesn't '

Read that and think about it.

She doesn't respect her mother's or her father's culture/race because she's biracial?

That's just fucking weird

Back