Trump at Nat’l Assoc. of Black Journalists (NABJ)

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 536
  • Views: 8K
This is getting really off topic but kind of topical for me because my girlfriend and I were watching a video where they discussed how Internet dating is causing a lot of depression among young men. The idea is that women get so many messages that many only respond to the top 5-10%. (I think that is more true for the younger generation.) That has the following effects:

1. Most men don’t get a lot of traction if any. That destroys their self esteem.
2. That top 5% of men are often players because the situation allows them to be so.
3. Women have a horrible experience because they are dealing with creeps and players.

The whole ecosystem is broken.

When I was single I had better experiences
In bars and I am a very shy person who has never approached a women with romantic intentions unless she showed clear signs of interest first.
A bit of a tangent here, but I get the frustration of on-line dating. My wife died when my daughter was young, and much of my focus was raising her solo until she went off to college. Trying to date in your early 50's is not fun, and on-line dating was awful. Fortunately, my future wife had only been on-line for a week when we met. I realized I had something very special, got rid of my dating accounts, and we were married 18 months later.

A bit of a tangent here, but I get the frustration of on-line dating. My wife died when my daughter was young, and much of my focus was raising her solo until she went off to college. Trying to date in your early 50's is not fun, and on-line dating was awful. Fortunately, my future wife had only been on-line for a week when we met. I realized I had something very special, got rid of my dating accounts, and we were married 18 months later.
I met my partner nearly 20 years ago online when admitting that you met online was almost a badge of shame. I'm still blown away that a dude from North Carolina who had never been on a date with a guy was able to meet the best guy on the planet who was a 4th grade teacher in Michigan and convince him to move to NC.

But yeah...what online dating is now...just terrifying.

I met my partner nearly 20 years ago online when admitting that you met online was almost a badge of shame. I'm still blown away that a dude from North Carolina who had never been on a date with a guy was able to meet the best guy on the planet who was a 4th grade teacher in Michigan and convince him to move to NC.

But yeah...what online dating is now...just terrifying.
He must have taken a substantial pay-cut going from teaching in Michigan to teaching in North Carolina.

He must have taken a substantial pay-cut going from teaching in Michigan to teaching in North Carolina.
Indeed. His younger brother has 2 years less experience, both have masters degrees. Younger brother has remained teaching in Michigan. Drew makes $58,000 in NC including all supplements (Wake County). His brother makes $105,000 in Michigan.

I may or may not be reminded of this often.

Just fyi--I've noticed on Twitter that there's a growing rumor in the last couple hours that he crapped the bed so hard today he might drop out. Or be forced out. Will believe it when I see it, but just saying...
Only if the polling turns to virtually irrefutably showing Kamala is going to win. I could see him quitting in that scenario to avoid the shame of losing in a landslide, esp. to a Kamala...

Laura Loomer is a certified nutjob. Just read her wiki page, she is FOS a lying scoundrel, and clearly has issues.

Trump actually considered her for his campaign staff. MTG, of all people, warned Trump it wasn't a good idea to have such a liar aboard. That tells you all you need to know about what a lunatic she is.

Last edited:
Only if the polling turns to virtually irrefutably showing Kamala is going to win. I could see him quitting in that scenario to avoid the shame of losing in a landslide, esp. to a Kamala...
That would be hilarious

Laura Loomer is a certified nutjob.
Yep. Something went very wrong w/her somewhere along the way.

And just look how much a career in spreading hate does to you.

In college:
maxresdefault.jpg

Now:
EXKZPCDQHTHYIWTWDTBEJCZYBY_size-normalized.jpg

As of today, she is only 31 years old and she's currently studying to be a Death-Eater.

This seems.....relevant and definitive; since it was written by Kamala's father.

Her great grandmother
1000007813.jpg

Her other great grandmother

1000007814.jpg

I assume orangeturds group of hate mongers will drill up a post -true or not-about she had some Ancestors that were MOOOSLUMS-and like she married a Jew

Indeed. His younger brother has 2 years less experience, both have masters degrees. Younger brother has remained teaching in Michigan. Drew makes $58,000 in NC including all supplements (Wake County). His brother makes $105,000 in Michigan.

I may or may not be reminded of this often.
And you can thank the Pubs in NC for that. They are trying to get rid of public education all together so they can make it all Christian schools and also be able to make money off it.

And you can thank the Pubs in NC for that. They are trying to get rid of public education all together so they can make it all Christian schools and also be able to make money off it.
The pay for veteran teachers in NC is inexcusably low, even when compared to states like South Carolina. Basically your state pay is capped at twenty years at about $53,000, and after that you will spend the rest of your teaching career without ever seeing a significant raise. The legislature is obviously hoping that veteran teachers will just quit long before they can collect their full thirty-year pension, and by driving out veteran teachers they will make it more difficult for public schools to function and that also plays into their plans to wreck public ed to justify diverting more and more money into vouchers and charters and so on. Each county can provide a stipend to increase the state base salary, but smaller rural counties usually have small stipends, while larger counties do have larger stipends, but it still doesn't raise the salaries of veteran teachers enough to make up for inflation and the higher cost of living in urban areas. And as long as the GOP controls the state legislature - which is to say, pretty much forever - they will never approve raising veteran teacher pay ever again, at least not without tacking on some ridiculous hoops that veteran teachers have to jump through to get the raise.

The pay for veteran teachers in NC is inexcusably low, even when compared to states like South Carolina. Basically your state pay is capped at twenty years at about $53,000, and after that you will spend the rest of your teaching career without ever seeing a significant raise. The legislature is obviously hoping that veteran teachers will just quit long before they can collect their full thirty-year pension, and by driving out veteran teachers they will make it more difficult for public schools to function and that also plays into their plans to wreck public ed to justify diverting more and more money into vouchers and charters and so on. Each county can provide a stipend to increase the state base salary, but smaller rural counties usually have small stipends, while larger counties do have larger stipends, but it still doesn't raise the salaries of veteran teachers enough to make up for inflation and the higher cost of living in urban areas. And as long as the GOP controls the state legislature - which is to say, pretty much forever - they will never approve raising veteran teacher pay ever again, at least not without tacking on some ridiculous hoops that veteran teachers have to jump through to get the raise.
they will never approve raising veteran teacher pay ever again, at least not without tacking on some ridiculous hoops that veteran teachers have to jump through to get the raise.
This
$53,000-a freakin joke

they will never approve raising veteran teacher pay ever again, at least not without tacking on some ridiculous hoops that veteran teachers have to jump through to get the raise.
This
$53,000-a freakin joke
What makes it really ridiculous - and very obvious at what they're up to - is that they do keep raising the pay for beginning teachers and newer teachers. As a result, the pay for beginning teachers and teachers with five or ten years of experience keeps gaining on the pay for veteran teachers, which almost never sees any increase at all.

What makes it really ridiculous - and very obvious at what they're up to - is that they do keep raising the pay for beginning teachers and newer teachers. As a result, the pay for beginning teachers and teachers with five or ten years of experience keeps gaining on the pay for veteran teachers, which almost never sees any increase at all.
I am not sure-but I think the "avg teacher pay" ( including local supplements) is about equal to the Max on the State paid schedule . I worked in Compensation for nearly 40 years. This is insane

They plateau at what, 15 years....and never get again until 25 years (and then that's it). As you said, it's all a sham system to scam some of the most important people in our state. They want them to start off teaching and then bail to the private sector before they earn enough years to be in the state retirement system with full retirement. It's awful. It's designed to keep teachers inexperienced, on the whole.

1722602431761.png

Back