Trump at Nat’l Assoc. of Black Journalists (NABJ)

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 536
  • Views: 8K
They plateau at what, 15 years....and never get again until 25 years (and then that's it). As you said, it's all a sham system to scam some of the most important people in our state. They want them to start off teaching and then bail to the private sector before they earn enough years to be in the state retirement system with full retirement. It's awful. It's designed to keep teachers inexperienced, on the whole.

1722602431761.png

More than one Republican who supported this expressly said that Teacher’ Unions (not permitted in NC) are our enemy and teaching should be considered an entry-level job, not a career. More than one recalled that teaching used to be what young men did until they finished their apprenticeship for a real job and what young women did before having kids of their own and that is the model we should go back to.

Also, updating thread title, despite claims by Trump, as far as I can tell, Harris did not appear at this conference via Zoom.

Also, updating thread title, despite claims by Trump, as far as I can tell, Harris did not appear at this conference via Zoom.

Based on a news story, NABJ and Kamala Harris are working on an on-line question-and-answer session in September.

A bit of a tangent here, but I get the frustration of on-line dating. My wife died when my daughter was young, and much of my focus was raising her solo until she went off to college. Trying to date in your early 50's is not fun, and on-line dating was awful. Fortunately, my future wife had only been on-line for a week when we met. I realized I had something very special, got rid of my dating accounts, and we were married 18 months later.
Sounds like the story of my 12th wife...

More than one Republican who supported this expressly said that Teacher’ Unions (not permitted in NC) are our enemy and teaching should be considered an entry-level job, not a career. More than one recalled that teaching used to be what young men did until they finished their apprenticeship for a real job and what young women did before having kids of their own and that is the model we should go back to.
We had dinner with a 30 ish couple earlier this week The lady is a perfect AI generated elementary school teacher She taught for two years and then decided she wanted to move out of her parents house Now she sits at home and does sales on her laptop and doubled her salary What a waste that we scare all these folks out of the teaching profession

I am not sure-but I think the "avg teacher pay" ( including local supplements) is about equal to the Max on the State paid schedule . I worked in Compensation for nearly 40 years. This is insane
Interesting. I did not know there was another comp guy/gal around here.

Simone answers the question, "What is a black job? " :cool:

In response to Davila, Biles wrote, "I love my black job."

Phil Berger has been one of the ringleaders of this effort since he became Senate Majority Leader well over a decade ago. I have friends that live in Rockingham County and they told me years ago that he was overheard at dinners and meetings demeaning teachers and the teaching profession. He's had a lot of help of course, but he's just the devil as far as public ed and decent teacher pay in this state is concerned. It's no accident that right after the NC GOP legislature lifted the caps on charter schools many years ago that his son almost immediately began working to open a charter in Rockingham County. Something went wrong and the school never opened, and Phil, Jr. eventually got out of for-profit ed and was elected to the State Supreme Court.

Phil Berger has been one of the ringleaders of this effort since he became Senate Majority Leader well over a decade ago. I have friends that live in Rockingham County and they told me years ago that he was overheard at dinners and meetings demeaning teachers and the teaching profession. He's had a lot of help of course, but he's just the devil as far as public ed and decent teacher pay in this state is concerned. It's no accident that right after the NC GOP legislature lifted the caps on charter schools many years ago that his son almost immediately began working to open a charter in Rockingham County. Something went wrong and the school never opened, and Phil, Jr. eventually got out of for-profit ed and was elected to the State Supreme Court.
First he was an Administrative Law judge-honorable but not a"real judge" . After a few years of this Daddy had a law passed that said Administraive Law judges should have their service counted in the lucrative Judge pension system

Trump said he didn’t support that. In his own words.
And you believe him? Considering how often he lies and considering the head of the heritage foundation said trump supported them and considering how many associates of trumps are part of the writing of project 2025?

I’ve stated this before but I really don’t have a problem with the lgbt folks in general. The two problems are 1. Flaunting it incessantly and 2. Indoctrinating kids surrounding transgenderism
Neither of which is true.

Crazy how Biden said black jobs in the debate but wasn’t questioned. I guess it’s okay for him to say “you ain’t black” also. Important distinctions to be made
It's not equal. Trump has said this multiple times and context matters.

you guys are unreal. I guess it’s totally fine to have transgenders read to kids and have their teachers encourage gender switching. And you wonder why people like trump. If you guys weren’t so insane, trump wouldn’t exist as he does.
I think you are mixing you fake outrage, it's the drag queens that your not supposed to like reading to kids, not trans people. Tran people are the ones you want to verify their privates in the restrooms.

You would really vote for a rapist felon because of someone reading books to a kid in public?

And you're calling others insane?

Wow.

This lie you seem to believe about transgender indoctrination must not be going well considering the trans population is only around 1%.

They plateau at what, 15 years....and never get again until 25 years (and then that's it). As you said, it's all a sham system to scam some of the most important people in our state. They want them to start off teaching and then bail to the private sector before they earn enough years to be in the state retirement system with full retirement. It's awful. It's designed to keep teachers inexperienced, on the whole.

1722602431761.png

In Arkansas the GOP made a big deal about making this one of the states with the highest entering teacher pay. The problem is then you don't get raises so nobody good is actually going to stay. Because nobody wants a job where you are stuck at the same salary forever. Which is exactly what they want. A workforce with no longevity and no power so they don't push back at doing exactly what they are told to do.

Back