Trump Criminal & Civil Cases & Assassination Attempt News | Sentencing Delayed to after election

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 112
  • Views: 3K
  • Politics 
Just my opinion but I do think you might be able to galvanize some voters by saying if Trump wins the election he will duck all accountability but if he loses, he just might be held accountable once and for all.

But, who knows.

Just my opinion but I do think you might be able to galvanize some voters by saying if Trump wins the election he will duck all accountability but if he loses, he just might be held accountable once and for all.

But, who knows.
In my opinion, it wouldn't galvanize any new voters, but it may sway some Trump voters into either sitting out or voting for Kamala. But let's be honest, his list of abhorrent behavior and likely criminal actions are already well known. The people who are voting for him don't care about anything but what they perceive as their own self-interest.

I don't get the people who consider him a modern day Cyrus the Great. After all, Cyrus stood for liberating conquered people , was a great civilian and military leader and was known for supporting human rights. He was a wise and benevolent leader. Trump is known for almost the exact opposite and is essentially a fat, stupid senile felon.

Fwiw, if you read how much about about the Babylonian exile, you'll find it was only a small fraction of Jews in exile. They ended up there because they refused to pay an agreed tribute and tried to rebel against Babylonia since Israel was a client nation. Mostly, royalty, their sycophants and other toadies are who were exiled. I think half the reason for releasing them is he didn't need those sort of unproductive drones in his nation along with his more humanitarian impulses.

Interesting article on the bureaucratic infighting at FBI and DOJ on how to handle the Trump classified documents problem.

"At the center of the disagreement were starkly different perceptions of Trump. The investigators, like the country, were deeply divided over the former president. D’Antuono saw Trump as most likely motivated by a desire to show off the classified documents.

But Justice Department officials and some FBI officials believed that Trump’s continued possession of the documents was a direct threat to national security. They worried that China, Russia, or another foreign rival could infiltrate Mar-a-Lago and gain access to the documents. Not acting quickly could expose U.S. secrets, spies, or spying methods."

Interesting article on the bureaucratic infighting at FBI and DOJ on how to handle the Trump classified documents problem.

"At the center of the disagreement were starkly different perceptions of Trump. The investigators, like the country, were deeply divided over the former president. D’Antuono saw Trump as most likely motivated by a desire to show off the classified documents.

But Justice Department officials and some FBI officials believed that Trump’s continued possession of the documents was a direct threat to national security. They worried that China, Russia, or another foreign rival could infiltrate Mar-a-Lago and gain access to the documents. Not acting quickly could expose U.S. secrets, spies, or spying methods."

I know you're just quoting from the article, but could someone explain to me the "stark differences" here?

A desire to show off classified documents IS a threat to national security, is it not? D'Antuono was pathetic.

“I think our country is missing a lot of religion. … It was almost a guide, you know to a certain extent it was a guide. … Without religion there’s no real, there are no guardrails. …”

I know you're just quoting from the article, but could someone explain to me the "stark differences" here?

A desire to show off classified documents IS a threat to national security, is it not? D'Antuono was pathetic.
I'd say it largely mirrors the Calheel vs. Superriffic debate on Trump's document case.

When it first became public, I theorized that he was keeping the documents for book-writing purposes or some other idiosyncratic reason. As more information came out, I became convinced that his motivation was essentially the reasoning of a three-year old, "These are my toys and you can't take them away from me."

The Superrific theory was much more nefarious. You postulated that the reason Trump was hiding the documents and refusing to turn them over was because he wanted to sell them to our enemies to enrich himself.

I always thought your motivation theory was highly dubious. While Trump is a pathological narcissist, and is willing to do almost anything for a buck, I don't think selling state secrets to our enemies fits within his psychological profile.

There is a difference in threat level between Trump waiving a classified document in the air to a reporter in Bedminster and selling nuclear submarine plans to China. And I think that was the internal debate at DOJ/FBI. Do we really want to bring down the hammer if we think Trump can be handled with kid gloves. Now that we know that Trump was not even being straight with Corcoran, it is obvious that the right decision was made -- albeit six months too late.

This story is yet one more example of courtesies being extended to Trump for political reasons that would never be extended to an ordinary defendant/suspect.

I'd say it largely mirrors the Calheel vs. Superriffic debate on Trump's document case.

When it first became public, I theorized that he was keeping the documents for book-writing purposes or some other idiosyncratic reason. As more information came out, I became convinced that his motivation was essentially the reasoning of a three-year old, "These are my toys and you can't take them away from me."

The Superrific theory was much more nefarious. You postulated that the reason Trump was hiding the documents and refusing to turn them over was because he wanted to sell them to our enemies to enrich himself.

I always thought your motivation theory was highly dubious. While Trump is a pathological narcissist, and is willing to do almost anything for a buck, I don't think selling state secrets to our enemies fits within his psychological profile.

There is a difference in threat level between Trump waiving a classified document in the air to a reporter in Bedminster and selling nuclear submarine plans to China. And I think that was the internal debate at DOJ/FBI. Do we really want to bring down the hammer if we think Trump can be handled with kid gloves. Now that we know that Trump was not even being straight with Corcoran, it is obvious that the right decision was made -- albeit six months too late.

This story is yet one more example of courtesies being extended to Trump for political reasons that would never be extended to an ordinary defendant/suspect.
I enjoyed that debate. It requires enormous dexterity to get inside the mind of the narcissistic, napoleonic, but ultimately highly limited mind of Donald J. Trump, and it’s fun to watch smart people speculating what he’s thinking at any given moment in time.

Agreed. He’s either a Trump supporter or completely spineless.

Legal press corps gets a little of their spotlight back …

Back