Trump "Press Conference" Game Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 405
  • Views: 8K
I’m not an undecided voter, so yeah - I’m not going to flip my vote based on a random press conference on August 8th. No more than any of you were going to magically decide to flip from Harris to Trump no matter what he said today.
You chose to vote Trump each time he was on the General Election ballot back in 2016.

He botched the Covid-19 response, he denigrated NATO, he led an insurrection against the US Government on 1/6, he’s convicted of 34 felonies, he’s found civilly liable for sexual assault, he’s lied and lied about the 2020 elections……

You’ve proven you’ll support Trump REGARDLESS.

Trump said in the press conference he wanted to raise taxes on the middle class and the wealthy by at least 15%, and open up our borders to more immigrants, especially one’s bringing in fentanyl.

If I need a summary of the press conference, I’m not going to start at the beginning and watch for 5-10 mins until I get bored of it. In 5-10 mins I can get all the highlights and lowlights and be much more efficient with my time
You’re just making excuses now. It’s a horror show. Like I said. Watch a couple of minutes and tell me he isn’t deranged.

The best part about the presser today, IMO, was that he was begging Joe Biden to get back into the race. He's scared fuckshitless of Kamala Harris. It's the most amusing thing in the entire world to watch his campaign and the whole MAGA movement completely collapse in real-time before our very eyes. Literally a month ago he was cruising to an epic asskicking blowout victory, and now he's headed for an epic asskicking blowout defeat. My how the turntables!

Trump is too old to do the job as effectively as a younger person with similar viewpoints and beliefs. No argument from me there. But there’s no comparison between he and Biden, which is why Biden got replaced.

The same way you were planning on marching your ass to the ballot box to vote for a total vegetable in Joe Biden (because you support Democrats over Republicans), I support Trump over Harris despite Trump being an old ass. Am I as enthused about voting for Trump as I would be for Nikki Haley? Absolutely not. Which is why I think Trump is in trouble.

As for launching nukes, the world is a whole lot closer to World War III right now than it ever was under the Trump administration.
No Biden got replaced and Trump didn’t because Democrats care about their Country and Republicans don’t.

Trump is too old to do the job as effectively as a younger person with similar viewpoints and beliefs. No argument from me there. But there’s no comparison between he and Biden, which is why Biden got replaced.

The same way you were planning on marching your ass to the ballot box to vote for a total vegetable in Joe Biden (because you support Democrats over Republicans), I support Trump over Harris despite Trump being an old ass. Am I as enthused about voting for Trump as I would be for Nikki Haley? Absolutely not. Which is why I think Trump is in trouble.

As for launching nukes, the world is a whole lot closer to World War III right now than it ever was under the Trump administration.
Well I guess we should just let authoritarian thugs like Putin exert aggression and violate human rights unchecked.

Giving those guys whatever they want would make war less likely, wouldn’t it ?

After all, isolationism, of which you said you’re an advocate, has such a great track record, historically.

If I need a summary of the press conference, I’m not going to start at the beginning and watch for 5-10 mins until I get bored of it. In 5-10 mins I can get all the highlights and lowlights and be much more efficient with my time
You’re saying that you’re not comfortable forming your own opinion, and that what you want is a cozy cocoon where you get to swallow/ reject out of hand other people’s predigested opinions that have been vomited up in front of you. Deciding which to pick based on your own internal biases.

IOW, you’re typifying everything that is twisted and broken about our modern information environment.

HY2012 should be forced to sit and watch his press conference for the entire hour and four minutes. And then forced to ruminate on the fact that come November, he will have voted THREE TIMES to allow this lunatic to run this country. There should be much shame and self-reflection involved.

HY2012 should be forced to sit and watch his press conference for the entire hour and four minutes. And then forced to ruminate on the fact that come November, he will have voted THREE TIMES to allow this lunatic to run this country. There should be much shame and self-reflection involved.
Seriously these people that continue to support this piece of shit should face some sort of consequences.

I'm genuinely curious. What is the Republican package of ideas you are voting for?
Off the top of my head:

-Self-governance rather than government dependence. Significantly cut the fat in various governmental agencies
-Merit based society with EQUALITY (i.e equal opportunity), instead of DEI/affirmative action/equity-based (i.e. equal outcomes) society
-Secure the southern border. To enter the country you must receive consent, and consent is based on people who will be productive members of society and share American values.
-No senseless wars
-America first. Make our allies pay their fair share in our alliances.
-Ban gender “care” for minors
-Make the USA the dominant energy producer in the world

Trump voters have no capacity for shame and self-reflection.

They’re going to try to replace this idiot. No way you can keep going with this.
I can't agree with this. He IS the party right now - if the GOP high command tried to ditch him they would quickly be under siege by an infuriated base. And they have no one that can possibly get to nearly 75 million votes like he did. Unless he is completely physically or mentally incapacitated he'll be on the ballot in November.

You’re saying that you’re not comfortable forming your own opinion, and that what you want is a cozy cocoon where you get to swallow/ reject out of hand other people’s predigested opinions that have been vomited up in front of you. Deciding which to pick based on your own internal biases.

IOW, you’re typifying everything that is twisted and broken about our modern information environment.
Ask yourself a serious question. Would I be on this board if I enjoyed only reading opinions that will give me confirmation bias? Every time I log in I have 10+ notifications of you guys all being #madonline about me voting for Trump. I’m the opposite of someone who lives in a bubble/safe space/cocoon.

Watching now. Just physically, he looks pretty awful and his voice sounds raspier than it used to.

Them you hear what he says, dude is rambling and not making sense sometimes.

The best part about the presser today, IMO, was that he was begging Joe Biden to get back into the race. He's scared fuckshitless of Kamala Harris. It's the most amusing thing in the entire world to watch his campaign and the whole MAGA movement completely collapse in real-time before our very eyes. Literally a month ago he was cruising to an epic asskicking blowout victory, and now he's headed for an epic asskicking blowout defeat. My how the turntables!
There are still three months to go, though. A lot can change in that time. With that in mind, the decision to move the republican convention to before The Olympics this year may prove to be a disastrous decision. Dems have all the momentum going into the DNC, and the RNC feels like a distant memory, while also leaving Trump stuck with Vance.

I'm genuinely curious. What is the Republican package of ideas you are voting for?

I tried to watch the diarrhea of the mouth, word salad Trump spewed forth today, but couldn't stomach it for long. For the life of me, I cannot tell you what the Republican party stands for after watching him talk. Watching him is like going to a KISS concert. You get nothing new, and it's just a homage to their greatest hits. It's stale and worn. He consistently denigrates anyone who doesn't bow to his wishes. He intentionally mispronounced Vice President Harris's first name, criticized her intelligence, and still seems to think that crowd size matters. He's fixated on shit that doesn't matter. The GOP has nothing to run on, so they call people names and denigrate folks for their military service. I think it's pathetic that Senator Vance actually used the words "Stolen Valor" when talking about Governor Walz's military service. I applaud Senator Vance's military service. Good for him for the fact that he joined the Marines. As a 24-year Navy vet who recently retired, who gives a flying fart when Governor Walz submitted his retirement paperwork? It's utterly despicable that the GOP stands by and allows this bullshit line of attack. I will NEVER vote for a single individual whose party allows them to denigrate ANYONE who honorably served their country. Anyone who professes to want to support the military and yet allows the most powerful member of that party to call us "suckers and losers because there was nothing in it for us" should never be the Commander in Chief. There is no policy great enough for me to swallow my personal values.

"It is not the facts which guide the conduct of men, but their opinions about facts; which may be entirely wrong. We can only make them right by discussion." Sir Norman Angell
Racism, bigotry and Christian nationalism.

Off the top of my head:

-Self-governance rather than government dependence. Significantly cut the fat in various governmental agencies
-Merit based society with EQUALITY (i.e equal opportunity), instead of DEI/affirmative action/equity-based (i.e. equal outcomes) society
-Secure the southern border. To enter the country you must receive consent, and consent is based on people who will be productive members of society and share American values.
-No senseless wars
-America first. Make our allies pay their fair share in our alliances.
-Ban gender “care” for minors
-Make the USA the dominant energy producer in the world
Given that Trump shat on the bipartisan immigration bill that would have made significant long-term improvements to border security, I think you forfeit the right to stake a claim there.

Same with your last point. We’re already the dominant energy producer in the world.

Back