Trump "Press Conference" Game Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 405
  • Views: 8K
Exactly my thought. Trump has always been Trump, but the electorate hasn't always been willing to vote for him. Something has gone horribly wrong.
I have said it on here already, I've been saying it since 2016, and will say it as long as Trump is around. This is the simple truth. They think he's their answer to getting the fascist country for straight, white Christian extremists that they desire so much. Obama winning made them lose their minds. Add that to the queer and trans community getting the same rights as them and they would elect anyone if they thought it would get them back to the 1950s.

Trump says abortion will be a ‘small issue’ in November, leaves door open to federal restrictions​

Trump said Thursday that he wants to leave abortion policy up to the states but that federal restrictions could ‘supplement’ state law.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Luckily the senile old man is out of the race. Or I guess I should say luckily for you, since he was about to get his butt kicked after being exposed in the last debate.

I’m somewhat reluctantly voting for Trump. Mainly voting for the Republican package of ideas over the Democratic package of ideas in all national races. Specifically “against” the Democrats at the national level. But I ain’t very fired up about it and I don’t have much optimism Trump will win.
Meant to circle back with you on the immigration thread and got busy.

Could you ultimately explain the Republican immigration platform as opposed to the Dems? Since in that thread you established that Trump won’t do what he’s saying he’ll do, and that if he did, how bad that would be for our economy?

And can you explain how those policies are any different than the bill the Dems tried to pass this past year?

Feel free to answer in that thread. Thanks.

i hope you will just watch the press conference and not watch “conservative” or “liberal” clips. No need for additional commentary to go along with it. Just watch and form your own opinion.
I hope you will see it is a massive mistake to vote for this guy and you’ll vote for Harris.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

It will make no difference.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

It will make no difference.
You are probably right. But he is voting for Stein. He voted for Cooper.
I’m trying to take a different approach with him.

Luckily the senile old man is out of the race. Or I guess I should say luckily for you, since he was about to get his butt kicked after being exposed in the last debate.

I’m somewhat reluctantly voting for Trump. Mainly voting for the Republican package of ideas over the Democratic package of ideas in all national races. Specifically “against” the Democrats at the national level. But I ain’t very fired up about it and I don’t have much optimism Trump will win.
Man, you really have a weird fetish about insisting that Biden is senile and Trump is just... I dunno, kinda quirky? Biden is not the Dem candidate. Let it go. You're stuck with the truly senile, deranged dude that would be 82 when his term ends. You know, the thing you've railed against for months and months. Just admit you don't care about policies or age or sanity or anything else except getting Trump elected and let's move on. All this other crap you're spewing is just tedious bullshit that nobody in here believes, including you...

I'm genuinely curious. What is the Republican package of ideas you are voting for?

I tried to watch the diarrhea of the mouth, word salad Trump spewed forth today, but couldn't stomach it for long. For the life of me, I cannot tell you what the Republican party stands for after watching him talk. Watching him is like going to a KISS concert. You get nothing new, and it's just a homage to their greatest hits. It's stale and worn. He consistently denigrates anyone who doesn't bow to his wishes. He intentionally mispronounced Vice President Harris's first name, criticized her intelligence, and still seems to think that crowd size matters. He's fixated on shit that doesn't matter. The GOP has nothing to run on, so they call people names and denigrate folks for their military service. I think it's pathetic that Senator Vance actually used the words "Stolen Valor" when talking about Governor Walz's military service. I applaud Senator Vance's military service. Good for him for the fact that he joined the Marines. As a 24-year Navy vet who recently retired, who gives a flying fart when Governor Walz submitted his retirement paperwork? It's utterly despicable that the GOP stands by and allows this bullshit line of attack. I will NEVER vote for a single individual whose party allows them to denigrate ANYONE who honorably served their country. Anyone who professes to want to support the military and yet allows the most powerful member of that party to call us "suckers and losers because there was nothing in it for us" should never be the Commander in Chief. There is no policy great enough for me to swallow my personal values.

"It is not the facts which guide the conduct of men, but their opinions about facts; which may be entirely wrong. We can only make them right by discussion." Sir Norman Angell

Here you go. Posted with no commentary. Watch as little or as much as you want. There is no key content. It’s a crazy dude off his rocker.
Watch the first minute. Or two minutes. Or five or ten. You should come to the same conclusion no matter how much or little you watch.

If I need a summary of the press conference, I’m not going to start at the beginning and watch for 5-10 mins until I get bored of it. In 5-10 mins I can get all the highlights and lowlights and be much more efficient with my time

Which likely means……HY2012’s opinion of Trump’s “Press Conference” is “same Ol’, same Ol’…I’m voting for Trump.”
I’m not an undecided voter, so yeah - I’m not going to flip my vote based on a random press conference on August 8th. No more than any of you were going to magically decide to flip from Harris to Trump no matter what he said today.

Watching him is like going to a KISS concert. You get nothing new, and it's just a homage to their greatest hits. It's stale and worn.
Maybe like KISS he'll take off the makeup and try to make it "fresh." Yeah, that didn't work for them, either...

How the hell can you say Biden is senile but still think Trump isn't? At least Biden isn't a narcissistic sociopath, too, that would be okay with a fascist regime as long as it keeps him in power. Yeah, that's the kind of guy who should be able to launch nukes.
Trump is too old to do the job as effectively as a younger person with similar viewpoints and beliefs. No argument from me there. But there’s no comparison between he and Biden, which is why Biden got replaced.

The same way you were planning on marching your ass to the ballot box to vote for a total vegetable in Joe Biden (because you support Democrats over Republicans), I support Trump over Harris despite Trump being an old ass. Am I as enthused about voting for Trump as I would be for Nikki Haley? Absolutely not. Which is why I think Trump is in trouble.

As for launching nukes, the world is a whole lot closer to World War III right now than it ever was under the Trump administration.

Back