TV Streaming series to talk about.

I just finished the AMC show “The Terror” on Netflix. It’s a fictional story about a British expedition thru the Artic during 1840’s. Mutany and supernatural stuff. If you liked AMC’s “Turn” you’d probably enjoy it.
Read the (crazy long) novel it is based on and saw the first episode of this … I recall thinking the production values were excellent and I usually love about anything that Jared Harris is in, but my husband wasn’t into it so I ended up never seeing the rest.

Dexter is my all time favorite

a serial killer who only kills bad guys and the star of the show is from Raleigh :cool:
Dexter is definitely in my top 10, but the thing that kept it from my 1/2 was the finale. Hated the way it ended.

That said, did like the single season they released a couple of years ago that closed the series much better.

Dexter is definitely in my top 10, but the thing that kept it from my 1/2 was the finale. Hated the way it ended.

That said, did like the single season they released a couple of years ago that closed the series much better.
Dexter just went on WAY too long. The first 4 seasons were incredible, right up there with the best TV shows you'll ever see.

Seasons 5 and 6 were good, and honestly the finale of season 6 was the moment the entire show had been building to, IMO.

And then they somehow squeezed 2 more seasons out of it that were not good. And yes the finale was as corny as it gets.

a serial killer who only kills bad guys and the star of the show is from Raleigh :cool:
I think you mean Dexter Seasons 1-4 & 6-7. As far as I'm concerned S5 was gonna suck shit regardless because it followed Trinity and I don't acknowledge S8 or the similarly terrible limited S9 with Harrison

Dexter just went on WAY too long. The first 4 seasons were incredible, right up there with the best TV shows you'll ever see.

Seasons 5 and 6 were good, and honestly the finale of season 6 was the moment the entire show had been building to, IMO.

And then they somehow squeezed 2 more seasons out of it that were not good. And yes the finale was as corny as it gets.
3...they dragged that shit out for 3 more

3...they dragged that shit out for 3 more
SPOILER

the entire point of the show for me was when Deb was going to find out what Dexter was, and would that either break her OR was she going to put him in jail. And then neither happened and they just barreled along pretending that wasn’t the thing everything was pointing toward the whole time.

It really annoyed me.

SPOILER

the entire point of the show for me was when Deb was going to find out what Dexter was, and would that either break her OR was she going to put him in jail. And then neither happened and they just barreled along pretending that wasn’t the thing everything was pointing toward the whole time.

It really annoyed me.
Have you seen the newest season that came out a year or two ago?

Homicide: Life on the Street is finally coming to streaming. on Peacock.

No love for Peaky Blinders? Hate have missed several seasons after dropping Netflix. Finally got Max for The Wire, Deadwood (also on Hulu), and Curb Your Enthusiasm. All great except the abrupt ending (non-ending) to Deadwood.

Severance season 2 finally coming in January.

Just took 3 damn years
I've not read through all this thread yet, but Severence is the most interesting and best single season show since Chernobyl. The latter is the best single seaon TV I have seen. I think the best single seaon science fiction show was Alex Garland's DEVS, but Severence is right behind it. If no one else does so I wil start a thread devoted to season 2; it will deserve it like few others.

My top all time series are The Sopranos and Succession. The latter has the best writing I have ever encountered in television or movies.

Read the (crazy long) novel it is based on and saw the first episode of this … I recall thinking the production values were excellent and I usually love about anything that Jared Harris is in, but my husband wasn’t into it so I ended up never seeing the rest.
Really well done I thought.

My blind spot is Breaking Bad. I watched the series and liked it but don’t consider it an all-time great.

First four seasons were great until it went off the rails in a spectacularly bad way. Truly an example of a series hanging on too long.

Back