TV Streaming series to talk about.

Might be the last person left who hadn’t, but finished The Sopranos.

I’d put it at #2 behind Breaking Bad. At first I was like “WTF” with the ending, but after I read some articles and watched the last scene again, thought it was a strong way to finish.

I’d put it at #2 behind Breaking Bad. At first I was like “WTF” with the ending, but after I read some articles and watched the last scene again, thought it was a strong way to finish.
I haven't watched it.

I haven't seen it, either. Need to get Max sometime and watch that and The Wire.

Finally watched it about 4 years ago. Definitely worth the investment and clearly raised the bar and set the stage for for shows like Breaking Bad.

I typically enjoy mob movies and shows. I fucking hated the Sopranos
Really? Anything in particular?

I thought it was great. Tony was one of those complicated characters (like Walter White) that I’m not sure if I liked or hated.

I’m a big mob movie/show fan too, and one of the things I liked about it is they worked in some funny stuff too. The Paulie/Christopher dynamic cracked me up more than a few times.

I thought it was great. Tony was one of those complicated characters (like Walter White) that I’m not sure if I liked or hated.

I’m a big mob movie/show fan too, and one of the things I liked about it is they worked in some funny stuff too. The Paulie/Christopher dynamic cracked me up more than a few times.
The Barrens episode was hilarious. Peak Paulie/Christopher dynamics.

I just finished the AMC show “The Terror” on Netflix. It’s a fictional story about a British expedition thru the Artic during 1840’s. Mutany and supernatural stuff. If you liked AMC’s “Turn” you’d probably enjoy it.

IDK man... maybe it was just the entire dynamic. I never caught my attention and lord knows I WANTED to like it but I just didn't.

I kinda felt the same way about The Wire

IDK man... maybe it was just the entire dynamic. I never caught my attention and lord knows I WANTED to like it but I just didn't.

I kinda felt the same way about The Wire
Interesting…I felt the exact same way about The Wire. Wanted to like it, tried it 2x, but just couldn’t get hooked despite all the positive reviews.

Count me down as not able to get into Sopranos, but absolutely loving The Wire.

I recently watched Baby Reindeer, on Netflix. Remarkably acted, but gotdamn does it delve into some tough stuff. Has maybe the singularly most depressing episode of TV I’ve ever seen.

Back