TV Streaming series to talk about.

IDK man... maybe it was just the entire dynamic. I never caught my attention and lord knows I WANTED to like it but I just didn't.

I kinda felt the same way about The Wire
So you didn’t like the The Sopranos or The Wire?

Seems you just don’t like great television.

Doc Jensen’s E.W. recaps of Lost start about half way through season 1, and get really good by the beginning of season 2. They were difficult to find for awhile, but someone was able to collect and wayback them. They are well worth a read before, or after, each episode. I highly recommend them. Easily the best recaps of any show that I have seen, particularly if you are drawn to the philosophy side of the show.i

I had totally forgotten about Doc Jensen’s recaps. These were must read!

I've not read through all this thread yet, but Severence is the most interesting and best single season show since Chernobyl. The latter is the best single seaon TV I have seen. I think the best single seaon science fiction show was Alex Garland's DEVS, but Severence is right behind it. If no one else does so I wil start a thread devoted to season 2; it will deserve it like few others.

My top all time series are The Sopranos and Succession. The latter has the best writing I have ever encountered in television or movies.
The Severance season finale is one of the best season finales of all time.

My wife and I are watching Ghosts, but we also started Master Chef generations tonight. Where home chefs from each of the last 4 generations will be competing.

My wife is also watching "The Accident" when I'm not around. Primarily because I think it sucks. The whole premise is stupid, in my humble opinion. This is what we do when she starts a series that I don't want to watch. She watches while I play on the computer or do something else so I don't judge her choice in shows. :unsure: :cool:😁

My wife and I are watching Ghosts, but we also started Master Chef generations tonight. Where home chefs from each of the last 4 generations will be competing.

My wife is also watching "The Accident" when I'm not around. Primarily because I think it sucks. The whole premise is stupid, in my humble opinion. This is what we do when she starts a series that I don't want to watch. She watches while I play on the computer or do something else so I don't judge her choice in shows. :unsure: :cool:😁
So, I know what happened in The Accident has happened in real life. But I saw the trailer for it and it looked awful. The way it was made it seemed to be a spoof of the whole thing.

I read an email about Rings of Power season 2?
I can only vaguely remember season 1.
Anyone watching?

I haven’t started watching Only Murders yet but look forward to it. But Season 4 of Slow Horses is about to air and I may have to watch that first. I love both shows so much but it seems Slow Horses does not get enough attention for how great it is.

Those two and Hacks are genuine treats every time you sit down to watch.

But my husband only likes watching one show at a time and hates binge-watching (if he had his way, TVs would only show sports, news, documentaries and Sci Fi, I think), so TBD which one we watch first.

I just finished the AMC show “The Terror” on Netflix. It’s a fictional story about a British expedition thru the Artic during 1840’s. Mutany and supernatural stuff. If you liked AMC’s “Turn” you’d probably enjoy it.
Started this at your suggestion and enjoyed. Liked the acting, the pace, and some of the camerawork. By chance, I happen to be in the midst of re-reading Lansing’s “Endurance” as well, so I paid particularly close attention to the “regular life on the boat” aspects of their precarious situation (even though, in comparison, the two stories take place a half century apart). A good show and definitely worth a re-watch at some point. I’d probably focus more on the mysticism/paranormal aspect and Mr. Hickey next time around. 7.5/10. Thanks for the recommendation.

Dexter just went on WAY too long. The first 4 seasons were incredible, right up there with the best TV shows you'll ever see.

Seasons 5 and 6 were good, and honestly the finale of season 6 was the moment the entire show had been building to, IMO.

And then they somehow squeezed 2 more seasons out of it that were not good. And yes the finale was as corny as it gets.
Totally agree. Season 4, Trinity killer, was where it really should have ended. It dropped off quickly after that. I don't think we got through more than 4 more episodes.

I'll mention two: Queens Gambit and Midnight Mass. Both are "limited" series and very much worth watching.

I just started a documentary called Unlocked, about an Arkansas sheriff that runs an experiment on a bloc full of murderers and other violent criminals where, rather than keeping them locked up 23hrs/day, he leaves their cell doors open 24/7 and allows them to manage themselves. The one condition is that ANY kind of physical altercation and they go back to 23 hours on lock down.

I can already tell they drag it out more than needed, but it's good so far.

I'll mention two: Queens Gambit and Midnight Mass. Both are "limited" series and very much worth watching.

I just started a documentary called Unlocked, about an Arkansas sheriff that runs an experiment on a bloc full of murderers and other violent criminals where, rather than keeping them locked up 23hrs/day, he leaves their cell doors open 24/7 and allows them to manage themselves. The one condition is that ANY kind of physical altercation and they go back to 23 hours on lock down.

I can already tell they drag it out more than needed, but it's good so far.
Queens Gambit was very good.

My wife was watching Unlocked, I saw a little of it but don't remember the end. It was dragging a little.

I read an email about Rings of Power season 2?
I can only vaguely remember season 1.
Anyone watching?
I’m 5 episodes into a rewatch of the first season; too many storylines for me to have story continuity for season two. IMO, it’s a great fantasy epic in the lotr world, but got a lot of heat from fanboys for failing to adhere strictly to lore. It’s got plot holes; I was confident in the season one reveal by episode two; and much of the acting is very theatrical, but I enjoy the Tolkien universe, production value is elite, and many of the characters are endearing.

If anybody wants a quick, trainwreck-esque watch, Chimp Crazy on Max is from the same people who did Tiger King. Three episodes are currently available with the 4th coming next week.

Back