Walz — Comer Opens Congressional Investigation of Walz trips to China

Watched a little bit of his speech in Wisconsin today. In the middle of it, he stopped speaking, looked down and realized that someone in the crowd went down with heat exhaustion. He immediately got the medical people to help the guy out and had people pass down some water to him. He then started pointing out other people in the crowd that looked tired, and he had water bottles sent over to them too. At that point, he continued his speech and segued into his bit about "helping each other" and "being kind to each other."

This guy was built in a lab full of all the best parts of humanity. He is a fucking gift.

Beto O'Rourke was talking today about how Walz always sat right next to him on the House Veteran's Affairs Committee, and how he was always the first person to arrive at committee meetings, and always the last person to leave. Whereas most committee members would show up just to give a short, grandstanding speech, Walz would use every bit of his time there to make sure veterans were getting their needs addressed. Beto said Walz was responsible for expanding the availability of mental health resources - even for veterans with less than an honorable discharge. Truly impressive stuff.

One of my Facebook friends who is an extreme Bernie Bro posted this on Facebook and it made me laugh. I figured Walz would be accepted by the super progressive wing but not in this case I guess?

IMG_2363.jpeg

One of my Facebook friends who is an extreme Bernie Bro posted this on Facebook and it made me laugh. I figured Walz would be accepted by the super progressive wing but not in this case I guess?

IMG_2363.jpeg

I mean...the dems aren't the cult. You literally vote for a cult leader.

IMG_2363.jpeg
Walz is the Democratic party's newest nominee for VP and people are getting to know him to decide whether or not to support him and/or the ticket. And inconveniently for MAGA, it's going VERY well so far.

Cute cartoon, but roll the clock back to 2016, and it would accurately describe Trump supporters. Even more in 2020. And even more now.

Don't conflate unity with fealty. The Dems now have unity for a change and hopefully it continues. Fealty is squarely at MAGA's - or whatever is passing as Republican these days' - doorstep.

It’s really hard to overstate what a grand slam vice presidential pick this was for the Harris campaign, and I say that as someone who initially thought that Shapiro should get the nod. Walz is like if you were able to create the perfect vice presidential candidate in the Madden Create A Player mode. It is so funny watching Republicans flail around trying to figure out how to attack this campaign. Can’t call it soft on crime when there is a literal prosecutor on the ticket. Can’t call it anti-military when there is a 24 year veteran on the ticket. Can’t call it an anti-2nd amendment ticket when there is someone who openly enjoys hunting and owning guns. Can’t call it an anti-business ticket when governor on the ticket presides over the state that is ranked fifth best in the country for business and has some of the largest corporations in America holding their headquarters there. Can’t call it a pro-illegal immigration or anti-border security ticket when both members of the ticket were vocal in their support of the Republican-created and bipartisan-supported comprehensive immigration reform and border security package that the opposing presidential nominee single-handedly blocked.

It must really suck to work in the Trump campaign these days.

It’s really hard to overstate what a grand slam vice presidential pick this was for the Harris campaign, and I say that as someone who initially thought that Shapiro should get the nod. Walz is like if you were able to create the perfect vice presidential candidate in the Madden Create A Player mode. It is so funny watching Republicans flail around trying to figure out how to attack this campaign. Can’t call it soft on crime when there is a literal prosecutor on the ticket. Can’t call it anti-military when there is a 24 year veteran on the ticket. Can’t call it an anti-2nd amendment ticket when there is someone who openly enjoys hunting and owning guns. Can’t call it an anti-business ticket when governor on the ticket presides over the state that is ranked fifth best in the country for business and has some of the largest corporations in America holding their headquarters there. Can’t call it a pro-illegal immigration or anti-border security ticket when both members of the ticket were vocal in their support of the Republican-created and bipartisan-supported comprehensive immigration reform and border security package that the opposing presidential nominee single-handedly blocked.

It must really suck to work in the Trump campaign these days.
And don’t forget, one of the big issues that could be perceived as a negative (Floyd aftermath), there is audio of Trump telling Walz what a great job he did. Kind of hard to use that as an attack without Trump having to admit he was wrong, and we know that’ll never happen.

Apologies if it’s been mentioned already, but I’m seeing Walz described as the dad you lost to Fox News. That’s not a campaign slogan, but with all the talk of vibes that’s a strong one.
I don't get it..

Even the hollowest nuts want to be cracked...

Walz acts like a conservative in many ways: hunting, being a handyman, football coach, etc. but is still progressive enough in his values that he doesn't like shitting on people. They are saying many out there had dads like this but that FoxNews turned those dads into the MAGA POS type by brainwashing them.
Yep. He is the exact kind of normal that moderates and centrists have been saying that they are begging for.

Yeah, let's give Trump and Vance another tax cut that they so desperately need.

Tim Walz’s Net Worth Trails the Other Candidates​

(Bloomberg) -- Minnesota Governor Tim Walz is likely the poorest of the four people on this year’s major-party presidential tickets with a disclosed net worth of under $1 million, following his selection as Democratic nominee Kamala Harris’ running mate.

As a former House lawmaker who pushed a federal law tightening disclosures of congressional stock trading in 2012, Walz said at the time he did not own any stocks himself. More than a decade later, he still doesn’t, according to his most recent disclosures.

Republican nominee Donald Trump is worth $5.7 billion, ranking 500th on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. His running mate, Senator JD Vance of Ohio, disclosed a net worth between $4.3 million and $10.7 million in his most recent US Senate disclosure.

Vice President Harris has disclosed between $550,000 and $1.1 million in cash in US bank accounts. She also holds between $775,000 and $1.8 million in retirement funds.

Walz’s most recent disclosure to the Minnesota Campaign Finance Board listed no stocks, real estate or horse racing interests. Minnesota has a much narrower definition of reportable assets than federal law, however, excluding stocks worth less than $10,000 and any mutual funds or exchange-traded funds.

His congressional disclosures before that show relatively modest and conservative investments befitting his status as a retired teacher and Army National Guard soldier. In his last filing as a member of Congress in 2019, Walz disclosed assets worth between $362,000 and $830,000.

Those numbers included the value of his home, which he ordinarily would not have to disclose. Because Walz and his wife rented out a spare room, however, it was listed as an income-generating asset.

The Walzes sold their Mankato, Minnesota house for $304,000 in 2019 after moving into the governor’s mansion, according to property records.

Other assets disclosed in 2019 included a college savings plan, a state teacher pension and a whole life insurance policy.

Election to vice president would give Walz a considerable pay bump. He makes $127,629 as governor — the 37th highest paid state chief executive in the country, according to the Council of State Governments. State law allows for a salary of $149,550, but Walz has opted to keep his salary frozen during his tenure in office.

The vice president’s salary is $284,600.

The Harris-Walz campaign did not immediately respond to requests for more information on his holdings. Walz has at least 30 days from Tuesday to file a federal financial disclosure statement.

I read where Walz has a full pension and retirement benefits from his 20 years as a teacher, a full pension and retirement benefits from his 24 years in the National Guard, a pension and retirement benefits from his 12 years in Congress, and then a pension from serving as governor. And of course he would have a pension for serving 4-8 years as vice president should that happen.

Back