Walz — Comer Opens Congressional Investigation of Walz trips to China

Saw where Beshear is in Iowa today for a Dem convention. Like the idea of giving top VP candidates a "test" appearance to see how they interact with the audience and KH. I think the question with Beshear is whether his obvious political retail skills translate outside KY.
My late wife was from Johnstown, PA so I know from experience that through PA leans Democratic, it is also fairly complicated since a decent portion of the usual Dem voters are somewhat "old school." Harris IMO will need some help to lock up PA and does that require Shaprro on the ticket? He has harshly criticized Netanyahu as well so I think concern over ME is overblown in his case.
Some pundits have said KH is looking for: 1) younger than her, 2) fills in her personal and political gaps, ie perhaps someone slightly more conservative and folksy, 3) executive experience as she wants a "governing partner." If true, that likely means a governor.

This poll number for Shapiro in PA certainly is eye-opening

Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...y-cooper-kamala-harris-top-vp-pick-rcna163844

NBC News report on Roy Cooper's chances to be the VP pick. There a few down sides. One which I fear, but is silly of me to do so, would be that if Gov. Cooper is picked and turns out to be a poor choice, then I think that would adversely effect Jeff Jackson's future electoral chances. But, . . ., the combination of Mark Robinson on the ballot for governor, Jeff Jackson on the ballot of AG, running against Dan Bishop, and Roy Cooper as Harris' running might be enough to flip NC to Harris. If Pennsylvania stays blue, even without Shapiro on the ticket, then I like Harris' chances in November. But NC is too much of a long shot to throw away Pennsyvania for an unlikely shot at carrying NC.

report that it is down to Shapiro, Kelly, and Walz

Vice President Kamala Harris has narrowed her potential list of running mates to three candidates, according to Bloomberg News.

report that it is down to Shapiro, Kelly, and Walz

Vice President Kamala Harris has narrowed her potential list of running mates to three candidates, according to Bloomberg News.

Excellent, these are the best 3 choices

Walz is 60, has a terrific resume, and is great at communicating with midwestern voters. I’d read a little about him before you dismiss him.

I expect they would prefer someone perceived as more moderate. Walz is generally considered progressive and Harris already checks those boxes.

Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...y-cooper-kamala-harris-top-vp-pick-rcna163844

NBC News report on Roy Cooper's chances to be the VP pick. There a few down sides. One which I fear, but is silly of me to do so, would be that if Gov. Cooper is picked and turns out to be a poor choice, then I think that would adversely effect Jeff Jackson's future electoral chances. But, . . ., the combination of Mark Robinson on the ballot for governor, Jeff Jackson on the ballot of AG, running against Dan Bishop, and Roy Cooper as Harris' running might be enough to flip NC to Harris. If Pennsylvania stays blue, even without Shapiro on the ticket, then I like Harris' chances in November. But NC is too much of a long shot to throw away Pennsyvania for an unlikely shot at carrying NC.

You can't cry "future" when the VP candidate would be 71 and 75 at the end of potential Harris terms.

Walz is 60, has a terrific resume, and is great at communicating with midwestern voters. I’d read a little about him before you dismiss him.

Just did, thanks for the prompt to take a second look. You're right, good resume. And he's funny, has an energetic speaking style... and has a black lab. Thumbs up. ;)

You can't cry "future" when the VP candidate would be 71 and 75 at the end of potential Harris terms.
I'm pretty sure Jeff Jackson, whose future I was concerned with, will be neither 71 nor 75 at the end of potential Harris terms.

Last edited:
I was referring to Cooper and age. Kelly has the key to Kamalot. However, based upon Harris' statement about the mixture of protestors against Bibi, who is obviously delaying signing the Biden peace agreement to stay in power, Shapiro may have an inside track.

I think I have come around to a preference for Beshear. He is young, politically agile, and doesn’t leave a hole in a swing state that Republicans might win.

Back