Walz — Comer Opens Congressional Investigation of Walz trips to China

Yeah, interesting that none of those circles in those Venn diagrams mention age. That’s been sort a thing in this election year.

My algorithms are getting blasted with Walz so he's definitely seeing an uptick in momentum.

Apparently, Harris and Beshear had a great turnout in Forsyth county, GA which has not voted for a Dem pres candidate since Carter. The question about Beshear (presumably from backers of other rivals) is he needs a little media training for campaign rally speeches.

I will give that Fox News anchor interviewing Pete some credit. At least she is trying to push back, but she doesn’t get anywhere because Pete is telling the truth. I wish the “liberal media” would be half that aggressive when Republicans come on their shows and spout their nonsense.

My vote is still for Josh Shapiro.

Shapiro will bring home Pennsylvania, and despite being Jewish, he's been very vocal about supporting the protests around the Israel/Palestine conflict. He's got a lot of quotes out there that he'll be able to use to his advantage should any pro-Palestinian democrats in other states get concerned.

I also believe Harris can bring home Michigan no matter who she chooses as VP. Her popularity there seems to be rising.

So then it comes down to Wisconsin. If she wins there after having locked up Pennsylvania and Michigan, the election is over, even if she loses every other "swing state" on the map (Georgia, Arizona, Nevada, North Carolina).

In my opinion, she needs to pick a VP that can deliver her a swing state, and Shapiro is best positioned to bring her the biggest one left.

Hadn’t given much thought to Walz, but warming up to the idea. Some good options. Not sure there’s really a bad choice between him, Shapiro, Kelly, Beshear or Cooper.

Surprised Excuse Me GIF by The Blacklist

Organized labor is leading a quiet push for Vice President Kamala Harris to consider Sen. Gary Peters (D-Mich.) as her running mate, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: Michigan is viewed as a must-win battleground state for Democrats, and strong support from unions could make Peters an attractive strategic option for Harris.

• Labor leaders have had discussions with the Harris campaign about including Peters in the vice presidential selection process, one senior Democratic source told Axios.
  • A Michigan Democratic Party official told Axios Peters is interested in the nomination and has been working to drum up support.
  • And one senior House Democrat from Michigan signaled to Axios that Peters' name is in the mix.
The big picture: Peters has raised his national profile by leading the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, Senate Democrats' campaign arm, after winning a competitive Senate seat in 2014.

• He was the only non-incumbent Democrat to win a Senate election that year.

Last edited:
So the updated odds are now (not 100% sure of this order but...)

Kelly (still up there)
Shapiro (also still at or near the top)
Walz (wasn't on short list at first but has been rising steadily)
Cooper (still in top 4?)
Beshear (still in the running big time)
Mayor Pete (always been there, making some headway perhaps?)
Whitmer (always been there, but 2 females on the ticket?)
Pritzker (was he ever mentioned earlier?)
Moore (longshot and always has been)
Newsom (always been there but lost a lot of ground and replaced by folks like Walz)
Peters (nube)

Back