Walz — Comer Opens Congressional Investigation of Walz trips to China

I’m loving Walz. A former high school teacher who seems to have a real folksy charm. And loves to laugh at the republicans. That’s what we need. People love to complain about the Dems being out of touch for a lot of reasons, but they do seem to be equally receptive to laughing at republicans for being nut jobs.
Walz has charm and something and he’s funny…..and he’s a dog on the campaign trail WITHOUT being an ass.

Pete Buttigieg says on TDS he's being vetted for the VP slot. Interview is pretty milquetoast overall.

Harris Plans to Campaign Next Week With Her Running Mate​

The draft travel schedule, according to two people briefed on her plans, suggests that Vice President Kamala Harris will name her running mate a little earlier than her team had planned.

"Vice President Kamala Harris is planning to travel to six battleground states with her yet-to-be-named running mate over four days next week, according to two people briefed on the plans.

Aides to Ms. Harris are penciling in travel for the new Democratic ticket beginning next Tuesday and running through Friday, according to the two people, who insisted on anonymity to discuss sensitive plans that have not been finalized.

The draft travel schedule suggests that Ms. Harris will name her running mate no later than next Tuesday, earlier than the deadline on Aug. 7 that her campaign set last week to have the vice-presidential nominee in place. Reuters was first to report that she was scheduled to campaign with her running mate next week. ..."

Could easily be wrong but I think the fund-raising and announcenment schedule tea leaves suggest Shapiro.

I think I go: 1A Tim Walz, 1B Josh Shapiro, 2 Mark Kelly, 3 Pete Buttigieg.

I love how down-to-earth, folksy, and relatable Walz is- I think it would help the Harris campaign enormously in the Rust Belt and the Blue Wall states. Plus, he seems to be getting genuine enjoyment out of calling the GOP out for their weirdness.

Shapiro is extremely popular and polls extraordinarily well in what I consider to be *the* most critical state that Harris has to win. I know there has been some unease on the left about how stances on Israel/Palestine.

I love Kelly's military and astronaut pedigree and think he would make the ticket even more palatable to centrist, white swing voters. Arizona would be a luxury to have in the EC, not an absolute necessity like PA and the other two Blue Wall states, and for that reason alone I've got him slotted 2nd after Walz/Shapiro.

I think that Buttigieg is outstanding in almost every way possible, especially with his ability to go into the lion's den on right wing media and effortlessly tie the weirdos in knots, but I think that he probably needs a bit more executive-level experience beyond mayor and Sec. of Transportation, which is why I have him slotted 3rd. I'd love to see him get an expanded role in a Harris administration, though. Perhaps Sec. of State?

All of that said, I really don't think that Kamala can go wrong at all with any of these four candidates.

Okay
I think I go: 1A Tim Walz, 1B Josh Shapiro, 2 Mark Kelly, 3 Pete Buttigieg.

I love how down-to-earth, folksy, and relatable Walz is- I think it would help the Harris campaign enormously in the Rust Belt and the Blue Wall states. Plus, he seems to be getting genuine enjoyment out of calling the GOP out for their weirdness.

Shapiro is extremely popular and polls extraordinarily well in what I consider to be *the* most critical state that Harris has to win. I know there has been some unease on the left about how stances on Israel/Palestine.

I love Kelly's military and astronaut pedigree and think he would make the ticket even more palatable to centrist, white swing voters. Arizona would be a luxury to have in the EC, not an absolute necessity like PA and the other two Blue Wall states, and for that reason alone I've got him slotted 2nd after Walz/Shapiro.

I think that Buttigieg is outstanding in almost every way possible, especially with his ability to go into the lion's den on right wing media and effortlessly tie the weirdos in knots, but I think that he probably needs a bit more executive-level experience beyond mayor and Sec. of Transportation, which is why I have him slotted 3rd. I'd love to see him get an expanded role in a Harris administration, though. Perhaps Sec. of State?

All of that said, I really don't think that Kamala can go wrong at all with any of these four candidates.
Okay I have to say it
A guy who was great mayor and has spend the last three years running the Infrastructure project-Well its WEIRD to think he knows international policy etc

Okay

Okay I have to say it
A guy who was great mayor and has spend the last three years running the Infrastructure project-Well its WEIRD to think he knows international policy etc
That's a fair question. I just think of Buttigieg as being an all-around extraordinarily thoughtful and intelligent person.

Okay

Okay I have to say it

Ordinarily I would agree with you, but ol Pete is VERY smart.

Okay

Okay I have to say it
He's a Rhodes scholar so he's studied a good bit overseas on top of his service. I don't think it's wild to think he's versed in foreign policy and would be capable as SoS.

I really admire Sec. Buttigieg. In particular, I admire Sec. Buttigieg for his ability to clearly and concisely communicate difficult ideas that Republicans like to ignore by pretending not to understand. But, and I hate to say this because it is vintage "old, straight, white guy" stuff, having VP Harris and Sec. Buttigieg as the Democratic ticket seems to be a "go big or go home" type of strategy. I really applaud the concept of "go big or go home" when it is displayed on the game show "Jeopardy." I recognize that we may be at a "go big or go home" in the survival of the "Great American Experiment." But I still think we can go with a less bold statement about the inclusiveness of the Democratic Party and still win in November. But regardless of who is at the top of the Democratic ticket in November, I will be voting for them. And if VP Harris and Gov. Shapiro are the Democratic ticket, then Josh Shapiro would be the first Jewish Vice-President. So that would be something.

My thoughts on the veep stakes
are
1a. Walz
1b Kelly
2. Shapiro

Bashear as attack dog

Cooper AG and Buttigieg Sec of state

Back