What's the history behind the Zigga Zoomba Lounge?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 314
  • Views: 5K
  • Off-Topic 
Mockery does not meet the legal standard of harassment. You were mocked well beyond your obsessive Michael Jackson shenanigans over that four day period (not three. Always remember--arithmetic is fundamental!). Mocked. Not harassed.

Let's also reiterate that you're the one who just admitted he'd want to punch someone over a conversation in which he was bested from 15 years ago.

Doesn't that make it a little difficult for you to try to feign that you're somehow above this or better than this?

I doubt anyone here has ever wanted to punch you over a disagreement. That's honestly quite worrisome, especially for a self-proclaimed public school educator.
Whatever you say.

This was from the IC experiment with a ZZL Premium board back in the 2000-aughts. I don’t remember the exact year but I was still living in LA. Charlie made these and sent them to any ZZLP subscriber who asked.

IMG_0189.jpeg

Mockery does not meet the legal standard of harassment. You were mocked well beyond your obsessive Michael Jackson shenanigans over that four day period (not three. Always remember--arithmetic is fundamental!). Mocked. Not harassed.

Let's also reiterate that you're the one who just admitted he'd want to punch someone over a conversation in which he was bested from 15 years ago.

Doesn't that make it a little difficult for you to try to feign that you're somehow above this or better than this?

I doubt anyone here has ever wanted to punch you over a disagreement. That's honestly quite worrisome, especially for a self-proclaimed public school educator.
You really are an asshole. Go back to the swamp. Also you don't know shit about movies.

tarheel69 was by far the most generous person on the board and maybe of anyone I've ever had the pleasure to know. his Dean Dome ticket invites were simply amazing.
Indeed. Got to watch Marvin Williams drop that one-handed dunk on State from maybe the fifth row. That dude was INCREDIBLY nice.

tarheel69 was by far the most generous person on the board and maybe of anyone I've ever had the pleasure to know. his Dean Dome ticket invites were simply amazing.
@uncgriff you read my mind. Charlie was one of a kind and a true Tar Heel gentleman of the old school. He hosted my wife and I for the epic UNC/Ohio State game in November 2006 (Oden/Conley etc vs Tyler/Ty/Wayne etc). Best seats I’ll ever have in the Dean dome and an even greater treat was he also hosted Branford Marsalis and his wife (and BobLeeSwagger!) that same night. Charlie gave so much back to Tar Heel fans and as I recall it was mostly facilitated through the ZZL.

This was from the IC experiment with a ZZL Premium board back in the 2000-aughts. I don’t remember the exact year but I was still living in LA. Charlie made these and sent them to any ZZLP subscriber who asked.

IMG_0189.jpeg
Oh wow. I really need to step up my game!

@uncgriff you read my mind. Charlie was one of a kind and a true Tar Heel gentleman of the old school. He hosted my wife and I for the epic UNC/Ohio State game in November 2006 (Oden/Conley etc vs Tyler/Ty/Wayne etc). Best seats I’ll ever have in the Dean dome and an even greater treat was he also hosted Branford Marsalis and his wife (and BobLeeSwagger!) that same night. Charlie gave so much back to Tar Heel fans and as I recall it was mostly facilitated through the ZZL.
He hosted me for when we we beat #1 UConn in 2004. I may have stormed the court. I mean it was so close, how could I not?

This is a really cool thread. Love reading all the history.

I started following uncbasketball.com maybe around 1999 or so, right after I moved to the Bay Area. Lurked on IC for a looong time. Finally started posting (on ZZL-P) in the last year or two. Never really had much to say on the basketball board - although I read it religiously. Got banned out of the blue. Set up a new account and posted on the basketball forums for a bit to establish my bona fides (taught Eric Montross when I was a grad student/debate coach at UNC - I think I figured out at some point that @CRHeel94 was in that class). Started posting on the politics boards and was banned again. Finally just gave up and started lurking again.

For the former mods, was a new person posting on ZZL-P just a huge red flag because so many people got banned and then would come back under a new alias to cause trouble? It didn't bother me too much, but I could never figure out why it was happening. I've always been curious.

Anyways, glad to be here.

He hosted me for when we we beat #1 UConn in 2004. I may have stormed the court. I mean it was so close, how could I not?
Oh my God. I was with him at that game. I was sitting beside altmin and never knew it?

Oh my God. I was with him at that game. I was sitting beside altmin and never knew it?
I guess so... ? I went with him three times I think? One was with the zzl mods at the time. Sotticus (RIP), ktc, luvy, and Tommy Ashley. I think the other time was when he had last second cancellations. Since I lived in Chapel Hill and was easy to reach, I got the call.

I am pretty sure it was the 2004 UConn game and not the 2003 one, because don't think the court was stormed in 2003. It for sure happened in 2004. I remember discussing Justin Bohlander in Charlie's vehicle as we rode to the game.

I guess so... ? I went with him three times I think? One was with the zzl mods at the time. Sotticus (RIP), ktc, luvy, and Tommy Ashley. I think the other time was when he had last second cancellations. Since I lived in Chapel Hill and was easy to reach, I got the call.

I am pretty sure it was the 2004 UConn game and not the 2003 one, because don't think the court was stormed in 2003. It for sure happened in 2004. I remember discussing Justin Bohlander in Charlie's vehicle as we rode to the game.

Definitely that game. Mccants shot was right in line with our seats.

Back