What's the history behind the Zigga Zoomba Lounge?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 314
  • Views: 5K
  • Off-Topic 
I found that place to be hostile and a bit weird.

Guess I just didn’t get it.
Bigs, I have the full print of your avatar framed and on the wall of my office. Along with one of the Old Well. I also have a piece of the hardwood floor from a title game with the UNC logo and all titles up to that point listed (but we got one more since)

Makes for interesting convo when dookie or wuffie clients come in.

Always wanted to get Dean and Roy to sign that print. But I think Dean was already ill when it was issued or sold.

What's up everyone? So, my CF username was banned by some mod on the basketball board last season. No idea why and didn't get a warning beforehand. They banned me from the whole site, too. Couldn't get any of the mods or anyone from IC to help me, either.

After it was announced that the ZZLP was closing and before this place was created, I told my wife that the auto insurance info she was needing was in the glove department.
As she was correcting me I had a moment of sadness, thinking things like “glove department” were going to be a thing of the past.
Not as long as I’m around.

At some point in some thread I’ll mention glove department and police compartment. Glass of brie…

What's up everyone? So, my CF username was banned by some mod on the basketball board last season. No idea why and didn't get a warning beforehand. They banned me from the whole site, too. Couldn't get any of the mods or anyone from IC to help me, either.
Welcome!

Bigs, I have the full print of your avatar framed and on the wall of my office. Along with one of the Old Well. I also have a piece of the hardwood floor from a title game with the UNC logo and all titles up to that point listed (but we got one more since)

Makes for interesting convo when dookie or wuffie clients come in.

Always wanted to get Dean and Roy to sign that print. But I think Dean was already ill when it was issued or sold.
That’s a great picture.

Weird.

Some good stuff on here people. Ive been on IC for more than 20 years...I believe I was on the old Chen board before I went to grad school but under another handle. Over the years Ive met a few board people (basketball and ZZlers), some in Chapel Hill, some when they make they way down to CR.

LuridHam was a great poster. At some point we formed the Knights of PFFFT and catfished the Duke board about a mystery recruit from Africa, Etiam Corrigo. Fun times.

I rarely, if ever, posted on the ZZL Politics board. But I was a frequent reader.
My posting history goes back to Dave Chen, where I was more of a lurker, but then became very active on the old UNC basketball board and then IC when they merged. I appreciate the opportunity to post here. Thank you for creating this board.

I never cared for that crew.
Sandi in particular was a real a-hole toward me. He posted some pretty nasty lies about me and PM’ed threats to me saying he was going to contact my workplace. I believe it all stemmed from me saying Michael Jackson was a weirdo.

Probably the only poster I truly would have liked to punch.
The lies people will tell themselves to cope with their own insecurities.

No one threatened you. What an outrageous claim.

The extent of what was stated was that your myopic, unsubstantiated certainty of MJ's guilt (despite his innocence in a court of law) was disappointing to see in someone who repeatedly claimed to be a faculty member of a public school in a district with a high volume of troubled kids, and it was further stated that while you likely approach your students' cases in the same manner, one hopes your colleagues do not.

That's it.

Is it wrong for one to hope that your fellow public school faculty members are more open-minded than you?

Of course not.

The fact that you inferred any kind of threat from the conversation (not to mention that you held onto it for 15 years since his death in 2009) signifies that it prompted some level of self-reflection on your part. This is a good development! The last thing we want faculty members at troubled schools to be doing is jumping to conclusions, because the students always come first.

Thankfully you were reminded of that fact.

There's no need to applaud anyone for helping you along the way to this reminder, but stop saying you were threatened into trying to become a better faculty member, and please stop insinuating anyone pmed you threats because of Michael Jackson out of the blue. No one would ever pm you about that. You pmed people about MJ incessantly because you were obsessed with him.

Your ego just didn't like one of the replies about how your obsession with the case pertains to your station in life, thus your ego reframed it all as a targeted personal attack when it was never anything of the sort.

An observation that perhaps you weren't fit for your duty that you routinely bragged about having is nothing more than that--an observation.

For now let's entirely ignore the fact that you felt the need to include that you wanted to punch Sandinista (IF WE TALK ABOUT HOW IT'S WRONG FOR A SELF-PROCLAIMED PUBLIC EDUCATOR TO SAY THEY WANT TO RESORT TO PHYSICAL ASSAULT, YOU MIGHT HARBOR IT AS A PERSONAL THREAT FOR ANOTHER 15 YEARS OH NO!)

Last edited:
The Party Pics thread was hours and hours of entertainment. Who was the poster who went to the Raleigh Airport Hooters to try to meet Fara? And someone posted a photo with DJ KStones?
DeanKeaton

Completely agree about the Party Pics thread. Endless entertainment. I miss it.

The lies people will tell themselves to cope with their own insecurities.

No one threatened you. What an outrageous claim.

The extent of what was stated was that your myopic, unsubstantiated certainty of MJ's guilt (despite his innocence in a court of law) was disappointing to see in someone who repeatedly claimed to be a faculty member of a public school in a district with a high volume of troubled kids, and it was further stated that while you likely approach your students' cases in the same manner, one hopes your colleagues do not.

That's it.

Is it wrong for one to hope that your fellow public school faculty members are more open-minded than you?

Of course not.

The fact that you inferred any kind of threat from the conversation (not to mention that you held onto it for 15 years since his death in 2009) signifies that it prompted some level of self-reflection on your part. This is a good development! The last thing we want faculty members at troubled schools to be doing is jumping to conclusions, because the students always come first.

Thankfully you were reminded of that fact.

There's no need to applaud anyone for helping you along the way to this reminder, but stop saying you were threatened into trying to become a better faculty member, and please stop insinuating anyone pmed you threats because of Michael Jackson out of the blue. No one would ever pm you about that. You pmed people about MJ incessantly because you were obsessed with him.

Your ego just didn't like one of the replies about how your obsession with the case pertains to your station in life, thus your ego reframed it all as a targeted personal attack when it was never anything of the sort.

An observation that perhaps you weren't fit for your duty that you routinely bragged about having is nothing more than that--an observation.

For now let's entirely ignore the fact that you felt the need to include that you wanted to punch Sandinista (IF WE TALK ABOUT HOW IT'S WRONG FOR A SELF-PROCLAIMED PUBLIC EDUCATOR TO SAY THEY WANT TO RESORT TO PHYSICAL ASSAULT, YOU MIGHT HARBOR IT AS A PERSONAL THREAT FOR ANOTHER 15 YEARS OH NO!)
Same old Sandi BS. You know the truth.

It’s a shame you haven’t taken any of this time to self-reflect.

Our respective posting histories certainly supports my version of those interactions. Of course you harassed and denigrated so many posters your recollection of those events may be muddled.

Same old Sandi BS. You know the truth.

It’s a shame you haven’t taken any of this time to self-reflect.

Our respective posting histories certainly supports my version of those interactions. Of course you harassed and denigrated so many posters your recollection of those events may be muddled.
Your "version"?

It's no secret that exhaustive backup files were kept of the zzl from 2006 to 2012.

No, we shan't be relying on your weird "version" of anything from that period, especially not from June 25, 2009 to June 28, 2009.

Your "version"?

It's no secret that exhaustive backup files were kept of the zzl from 2006 to 2012.

No, we shan't be relying on your weird "version" of anything from that period, especially not from June 25, 2009 to June 28, 2009.
Your harassment extended well beyond a 3 day period in June of 2009. If you bring the “facts” bring all of them.

Moreover, I’m wholly uninterested in doing this with you again.

Mockery does not meet the legal standard of harassment. You were mocked well beyond your obsessive Michael Jackson shenanigans over that four day period (not three. Always remember--arithmetic is fundamental!). Mocked. Not harassed.

Let's also reiterate that you're the one who just admitted he'd want to punch someone over a conversation in which he was bested from 15 years ago.

Doesn't that make it a little difficult for you to try to feign that you're somehow above this or better than this?

I doubt anyone here has ever wanted to punch you over a disagreement. That's honestly quite worrisome, especially for a self-proclaimed public school educator.

Last edited:
Back