ZZLP impact on IC?

If by some miracle we go 11-1 or even 12-0 like some of the most optimistic fans are predicting and we make it to the CFP, exactly how bad would we get exposed playing whatever SEC team we would be matched up with?

If by some miracle we go 11-1 or even 12-0 like some of the most optimistic fans are predicting and we make it to the CFP, exactly how bad would we get exposed playing whatever SEC team we would be matched up with?
If we end up being good enough to go 11-1 or 12-0 then I think that would mean we have a punchers chance of hanging with like the 3rd or 4th best SEC team, depending on who that team is and if the matchups somehow worked out that way in the CFP. We would still be underdogs and there’s a good chance we would get pasted, but still a chance. I’m thinking of getting matched up with like Ole Miss or a talented but flawed LSU in this scenario.

We would have 0 shot against Texas, Bama, or UGA. Those teams are just so much bigger and more athletic than we are that they could have their C- game while we have our A game, and they would still crush us without breaking a sweat.

Granted this is all crazy pie in the sky lol. If we somehow went 12-0 in the regular season and made the CFP, we could get a UGA-FSU orange bowl level beatdown and I would still be happy.

If we end up being good enough to go 11-1 or 12-0 then I think that would mean we have a punchers chance of hanging with like the 3rd or 4th best SEC team, depending on who that team is and if the matchups somehow worked out that way in the CFP. We would still be underdogs and there’s a good chance we would get pasted, but still a chance. I’m thinking of getting matched up with like Ole Miss or a talented but flawed LSU in this scenario.

We would have 0 shot against Texas, Bama, or UGA. Those teams are just so much bigger and more athletic than we are that they could have their C- game while we have our A game, and they would still crush us without breaking a sweat.

Granted this is all crazy pie in the sky lol. If we somehow went 12-0 in the regular season and made the CFP, we could get a UGA-FSU orange bowl level beatdown and I would still be happy.
Against a typical schedule, yes. Against this year's cupcake schedule, no.

Something Ive learned over the years.

Mediocre teams play to the level of their competition.
Great teams impose their will regardless of the opponent.

Some of those cupcakes will be losses.
Until proven otherwise, 9 wins will be a high water mark for this program.

Against a typical schedule, yes. Against this year's cupcake schedule, no.
See, this is why I think all this "cupcake" schedule talk is premature. Everyone looks at Ga Tech and says, "we have more talent than those guys." Well, FSU has a lot more talent than those guys, but Haynes King is a hell of a QB if he is not throwing interceptions.

You never really know before the season how cake your opponents really are. Ga Tech is looking very tough right now.

See, this is why I think all this "cupcake" schedule talk is premature. Everyone looks at Ga Tech and says, "we have more talent than those guys." Well, FSU has a lot more talent than those guys, but Haynes King is a hell of a QB if he is not throwing interceptions.

You never really know before the season how cake your opponents really are. Ga Tech is looking very tough right now.
Exactly. Average teams with an average coach, which is what Mack is now, tend to produce average records.

As this thread somehow got derailed, I'm putting it back on track. There has not been a post on their politics board in nearly 3 weeks..🫨

My time on IC has fallen by prolly 75%. Will pick back up during football and basketball season. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

My time on IC has fallen by prolly 75%. Will pick back up during football and basketball season. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I’m with you, sleehrat. I don’t go over there much, but I’m sure I will when the season starts.

If a quality basketball thread emerges here I won’t go back.
It will. I predict by Thanksgiving this board will have nascent, but robust, forums dedicated to sports, politics, and “general” (or some such). There’s a nine page music thread. A celeb gossip has lingered on page one. Missed Connections, Wordle, Finance, and Retirement remain popular subjects.

IC will keep going, but I’d wager they did not (could not have) predict zzlp would have such a committed following, AND had a “Rock” amidst the group willing to dedicate dozens of hours kicking off a site with FAR superior user interface and features.

I think 7 wins is most likely, but I’ll be joining the 8-9 win train if we leave Minnesota 1-0 on Thursday night.

I think 7 wins is most likely, but I’ll be joining the 8-9 win train if we leave Minnesota 1-0 on Thursday night.
That same logic would have got you in a lot of trouble last year. Just pick a number and stick with it. No variance based on the first game.

That same logic would have got you in a lot of trouble last year. Just pick a number and stick with it. No variance based on the first game.
Well mathematically even if every game is completely independent of all the other ones, a win in the first game increases our expected win total by about 0.5 wins since we’d be taking a 50/50 toss up game and putting it in the win column.

In other words, if our preseason over under is 7.5, winning the first game would take our “live” over/under to 8 even if you don’t think momentum or confidence or any of those other variables mean squat.

Well mathematically even if every game is completely independent of all the other ones, a win in the first game increases our expected win total by about 0.5 wins since we’d be taking a 50/50 toss up game and putting it in the win column.

In other words, if our preseason over under is 7.5, winning the first game would take our “live” over/under to 8 even if you don’t think momentum or confidence or any of those other variables mean squat.
Yeah. But that isn’t how season predictions work. Just pick a number and stick with it. No equivocating.

Back