ZZLP impact on IC?

I’m going to agree with HY on this one. 7 wins and hope they prove me wrong.

I’m going to agree with HY on this one. 7 wins and hope they prove me wrong.
Good strategy.

In fairness, I regularly over predict our season win total. I thought we would 7 games with Nathan Elliot as our QB.

I had to go look. My last post on IC was June 20, 2023. My 1st post here is Aug 25, 2024. There were some good times and good discussions, but those days are distant memories. It seems that facts have a liberal bias, and that was too much for many of the influential paying customers to accept. That created a situation that was too much for the mods to mod, so here we are. Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and things are gonna change again tomorrow. I'm glad to be here. Go Heels!

If we are going to have game threads or just a running season-long thread during college football, basketball, and baseball seasons, I’ll probably never go to IC again. Haven’t missed it for even a split second since cancelling my subscription a month ago.

we'll have game threads but honestly, a pinned thread for the season FB, MBB, & Baseball would probably be the best. When the season is done then unpin it and let it drop into the aether

Wouldn’t be an upset. We are favored.
You are right. The line was Minnesota -2.5 almost all summer. It had gotten down to -1 last week. And just today it flipped to UNC -1.5. Who knows where it will end up on Thursday. I'm guessing Vegas got word that the Minny RB may not play.

For me, so much of how I view the season as a success or not a success hinges upon the last game of the regular season. We have got to be NC State. Period. It is hard for me to muster much excitement about our football program right now after we just completely wasted the two best quarterbacks in school history. I have never been this indifferent about the start of a UNC season as I am right now. Beating State would go a long way toward rekindling excitement in the program for me.

For me, so much of how I view the season as a success or not a success hinges upon the last game of the regular season. We have got to be NC State. Period. It is hard for me to muster much excitement about our football program right now after we just completely wasted the two best quarterbacks in school history. I have never been this indifferent about the start of a UNC season as I am right now. Beating State would go a long way toward rekindling excitement in the program for me.
Yep, I have made a ton of long-winded posts about the state of the program both here and on IC, but this season really just boils down to the State game for me as well. If we go 8-4 and beat State, I would be fine with that.

The frustrating thing is that I wouldn’t have such an all or nothing approach if we weren’t already on a 3 game losing streak against them. UNC has been pathetic against State for the last 2 decades. First the 5 game losing streak in the late 2000s/early 2010s, and then 2 separate 3 game losing streaks after that, including the current one.

And I have a shitload of wuffies in the family (3 of my nieces married State grads) and I have to hear about it at Thanksgiving every year.

8 wins and a parade to follow since Mack said that was pretty good for the football program.

We have fallen to State level ineptitude and hopelessness. HOF'er Grandpa Mack, 2 recent NFL QB selection and probably the best in program history. Yet we have reached the point of "just beat State and I'll be happy."

That was always the State mantra, to beat UNC to have a successful season.

Back