2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 56K
  • Politics 
Not to be a buzzkill but this thread is being severely derailed.
Yep, happy to have you guys carry on your non-polling Chapel Hill nostalgia conversations on another dedicated thread. Let’s keep this one focused on 2024 polling results and discussions.

Yep, happy to have you guys carry on your non-polling Chapel Hill nostalgia conversations on another dedicated thread. Let’s keep this one focused on 2024 polling results and discussions.
mea culpa...I am the perpetrator, but I am just 6 years younger than Trump, and us old geezers are easily distracted and tend to ramble😜

now back to our previously scheduled program !

Come for the erudite political discussion, stay for the Carrboro ****-measuring contest...lol, I love this board.

FWIW, I only lived in 2 places there, Dogwood Acres for a couple months, then for a long time a garage apt on Bolin Creek Drive.

MOVED

I'm done now for good...I promise nycfan...I really really do !

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, you forced me to derail one last time

Did you rent your apt. from Lee and Lori Graves ? If so then I was your next door neighbor :cool:

I'm done now for good...I promise nycfan...I really really do !

Holy crap! That's exactly who I rented from!!

If they're still there, please send them my love (lived there from 2000-2007). Such great, great people. And Anna and Haley, how are they?! God they must be in their 20's now.

Aaw man, okay. Sorry for the further thread derailment. If they're still there, can you send me a PM?

Let’s see what other polls say but the main takeaway right now is that Kamala appears to be winning the battle to define herself. Trump is fighting desperately to paint her as a stupid, lazy commie, but most voters aren’t buying it. A strong performance at the DNC this week and Trump’s window may be almost closed.

Heading into the Democratic National Convention, new data suggests the Trump campaign’s initial attempts to frame the conversation about Vice President Kamala Harris have so far gained relatively little traction.

Instead, the public’s attention has remained largely focused around the Democratic nominee’s selection of a running mate and other facets of her campaign — a dynamic that could be reinforced for another week as the Democratic Party gathers in Chicago. Meanwhile, the public conversation around the GOP nominee, former President Donald Trump, remains relatively unfocused in the quieter aftermath of a month of major news stories surrounding him.

Charting the words used to describe each candidate, the project found that in the weeks since Harris entered the race, the word “campaign” has been mentioned more frequently regarding Harris than Trump — a break from earlier in the summer, when the Trump campaign drew as much or more attention than President Joe Biden’s campaign.

In the most recent survey — conducted August 9-12 by SSRS and Verasight on behalf of a research team from CNN, Georgetown University and the University of Michigan —Americans were more likely to report hearing about Harris’ selection of Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz for the Democratic vice presidential slot (and other news about the vice presidency, including her own current role) than any other topic. Slightly fewer mentioned other aspects of the Harris campaign, a broad category that includes the new ticket’s rally tour, fundraising totals, poll numbers or ads.

Far fewer mentioned the border, and there was even less mention of the economy – two traditionally GOP-friendly campaign issues on which the Trump campaign has criticized Harris. The most prominent negative news about Harris to break through was criticism that she has been reluctant to hold news conferences or engage with the media.

His campaign has a couple. One where he talks about growing up poor. The other is him and his wife talking about their decision to have an abortion and then tries to sell his “reasonable” anti-abortion stance.
I meant an ad touting his vast accomplishments.

Trump is blasting NC right now....just shows how in trouble they are.

After Labor Day, Harris needs to put out something on 4 years ago....thousands dying each day. No leadership or direction. No toilet paper. No cleaning supplies. We arent going back.

Back