2024 Presidential Election | 44 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 90K
  • Politics 
My theory is that Taylor Swift is going to make a surprise appearance at the DNC this week, and Trump is trying to get in front of it.

Here's wishing that powder stays dry, and gets unleashed as a piling on effort at a rally in Atlanta or Phoenix or Charlotte or Miami in mid to late October.
I cannot imagine a scenario where TS actually appears at a Kamala rally. Good chance she ultimately lets her opinion be known in a meaningful way, but it will likely be a social media post or an answer to a question in an interview or something like that. She may also release a statement in response to Trump’s posts that she does not, in fact, support him. But as much as I respect her, I just don’t see her doing more than that.

Now Beyoncé? Nothing’s off the table there.

I cannot imagine a scenario where TS actually appears at a Kamala rally. Good chance she ultimately lets her opinion be known in a meaningful way, but it will likely be a social media post or an answer to a question in an interview or something like that. She may also release a statement in response to Trump’s posts that she does not, in fact, support him. But as much as I respect her, I just don’t see her doing more than that.

Now Beyoncé? Nothing’s off the table there.
I don't expect it, either, but if it's an option the convention doesn't seem like the right time.

Keep going, Pubs. This doesn't resonate with ANYONE outside the MAGA base. Maybe it solidifies the Cuban and Venezuelan vote in south Florida a bit, but they’re already solidly behind Trump. It’s wasted messaging by a campaign for which time is starting to run very, very short.
One interesting aspect of this line of attack is that, should she be so inclined (and I have no information either way), this is providing a metric shit ton of political cover for a President Harris to really turn up the heat on Russia by providing more liberal support for Ukraine than Biden is currently providing. It will be very interesting to see where she lands on this issue. Maybe the Convention will tell us something.

My theory is that Taylor Swift is going to make a surprise appearance at the DNC this week, and Trump is trying to get in front of it.
She is due back in the USA on Wednesday. She should appear at the convention and perform on Thursday. I'm also advocating that Beyonce performs "Freedom" as Kamala walks out to give her acceptance speech.

How many minds would be blown ?🤩

John Kelly rejects Trump’s comments that civilian award is ‘much better’ than Medal of Honor: ‘Not even close’​

Former Trump chief of staff and retired Marine Gen. John Kelly rejected former President Donald Trump’s comments that the Presidential Medal of Freedom that honors civilians was “much better” than the Medal of Honor given to service members, telling CNN that the two honors are “Not even close. No equivalency of any kind.”

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is “given for some good works done or in fewer cases for other considerations, but they’re not even close,” Kelly said.

“Think of Normandy, Iwo Jima, Vietnam or Fallujah,” Kelly told CNN. “The Medal of Honor is earned, not won, by incredibly brave actions on the battlefield under fire typically by very young men who joined when others did not to defend their country. Their oath to the nation is essentially the oath the president and members of Congress take, that federal judges take, that political appointees also take and includes ‘…that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties…’

“To the service member, the oath is sacred and taken with the understanding that one could be seriously wounded, captured or killed in living up to the words. No president, member of Congress, judge or political appointee — and certainly no recipient of the Presidential Medal — will ever be asked to give life or limb to protect the Constitution. The two awards cannot be compared in any way. Not even close.”

----

Meanwhile, Trump is invited to clean-up his comments and proves he meant what he said and said what he meant ...

Back