2024 Presidential Election | 44 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 90K
  • Politics 
So even though he is a horrible person, a fraud, a felon, incompetent, an overall tool, and a narcissistic sociopath, you're going to vote for him again just because you want to win.
I want Republicans to win elections. I’m a moderate center-right Republican so I would prefer others over Trump, but am closer to Trump than I am Harris.

But by nominating Trump, the Republican party is likely gong to lose another election….

WSJ pleading with Trump to get on message

Not that Trump listens to the WSJ or can actually read the WSJ...but they are mistaken IMO. Kamala is fixing the mistakes Hillary and her arrogant campaign made in 2016 by (1) securing the Blue Wall (WI, MI, PA), (2) using plain talk to reach voters in NC and ATL/GA. AZ and NV as western swing states will continue to be a focus.

There's an outside chance that FL may be in play as senior vote appears to be migrating away from Dystopia Don.

I want Republicans to win elections. I’m a moderate center-right Republican so I would prefer others over Trump, but am closer to Trump than I am Harris.

But by nominating Trump, the Republican party is likely gong to lose another election….

I would agree with that outcome assessment. Pubs should have nominated Nikki while they had a chance. Trump lost or underachieved in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022. He ran USA, Inc. into the ground with tariffs, massive debt, and excessive QE by February 2020 before COVID...just like he ran virtually all of his companies into the ground. God knows how much $ he still owes Putin, Oligarchs.

This election is about Climate more than Policy, anyway.

I would agree with that outcome assessment. Pubs should have nominated Nikki while they had a chance. Trump lost or underachieved in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022. He ran USA, Inc. into the ground with tariffs, massive debt, and excessive QE by February 2020 before COVID...just like he ran virtually all of his companies into the ground. God knows how much $ he still owes Putin, Oligarchs.

This election is about Climate more than Policy, anyway.
I’m pretty sure the average voter would rank climate pretty far down the list behind abortion, inflation, economy, immigration, and preserving democracy.

So that's a yes.

I was about to say….you don’t mess with that name in any context. Guy better keep his head on a swivel.

"That name"? You do know that Allah just means "God" in Arabic, right?, and that arabic-speaking Christians, buddhists, jews, etc all use it?

Anyways, you way overestimate the Muslim world's reaction to this sort of thing. Probably because of French and Belgian cartoonists. But the people who issue fatwas (which are a pretty idiosyncratic part of Islam that vary a ton from region to region, city to city, mosque to mosque, and generation to generation), but in most all of them, the people who write them are the most highly educated in their communities. Granted that "education" can occupy a venn diagram with "indoctrination" to varying degrees, but still, these are going to be people who realize that a "cum Allah" sign isn't an attack on Allah, it's a dimwitted attempt to be clever by someone who loves Donald Trump. and is terrified about the possibility that Kamala will beat him. I can promise you that no fatwas will be issued based on that photo (and no, it's not because the hat and glasses would make him tough to ID). It's because the people who issue fatwas aren't robots.

Last edited:

It's just absolutely bizarre to me that the Republican nominee for POTUS is going to try and wish a debate into existence when it's clear the first debate will be on 9/10 on ABC. Like, he's so deranged and narcissistic and insane that he's attempting this, everyone knows he's attempting it, and tens of millions of people will just ignore how nuts he/it is.

I just.. I can't.

It's just absolutely bizarre to me that the Republican nominee for POTUS is going to try and wish a debate into existence when it's clear the first debate will be on 9/10 on ABC. Like, he's so deranged and narcissistic and insane that he's attempting this, everyone knows he's attempting it, and tens of millions of people will just ignore how nuts he/it is.

I just.. I can't.
Honest question, do you know for sure that Harris won’t debate him on Fox on 9/4?

Question not to be but strategically, IF she is going to accept a FOX debate, it should only occur after another debate to avoid him getting a home court debate on his terms and then refusing to attend the rest.
Yeah big surprise he wants this one to be the FIRST one...

Back